Anyone Else Waiting On Marino?

LEON

Paid for a frame 3 weeks ago tomorrow (express 1 week shipping) but heard nothing & seen no frame since payment.

I know he's genuine & he's been on facebook recently so he's alive, just wondered if anyone else is waiting as well as none of my messages/emails have been answered, I need to ride!

From what I've read in the past, it's not uncommon not to hear from him, and there've been a lot longer waits than 3 weeks.

I guess this is the price of a cheap custom frame... but I've never heard of one not turning up atall.

Even when you pay for express postage? As the cheap postage he says takes about 4 weeks.

Funny enough after 3 weeks of nothing, I got an email about an hour after i posted this lol, saying "it are on it's way"

I just haven't got a frame at the mo & I'm dying to ride!

yup me too, i ordered a frame i think longer ago that 3 weeks, we were in contact nearly every day untill he had to make the frame, i recon i was a good week and a bit with out a word from him (after doing the transfer) he then sent me some pics of the frame nearly ready and said that painting would be done in a couple of days (that was more than a week ago :unsure: ) and i've sent a few email asking how the process was going, but still no reply :( , i have faith though! :)(Y)

Edited by rhythm_101

Can be pretty worrying waiting for a custom, but even waiting only a month is still being impatient for a custom in my opinion.

i don't mind the wait, it's just being in limbo, no answers when you send emails or anything, i had been in touch with him quite abit before placing the order which makes it all that more worrying/frustrating :unsure:

Not sure who you're referring to being impatient, but my frame was completed and painted ready for sending with pictures emailed when I paid 3 weeks ago today, the order was actually placed more like 6-7 weks ago, he says it's on the way though.

He is notoriously slow at replying, my point is if it was gonna take so long (from payment) I might as well have saved money & bought the slow postage.

Edited by LEON

I filled out an order form and sent it off but heard nothing from the man :unsure:

Doubt I'd get one from him now, seems like to much of a liability.

i emailed him and got a reply straight away, i can't really fault his work to be honest, but as leon said paying for express postage then him not sending it is annoying with a capital A! >_<

Out of curiosity, how much are people paying? I was sort of thinking of ordering a Marino just to try out some geometry, but this whole "Waiting forever" and "Made of hi-ten steel" thing's sorta putting me off. If the price is right I might be tempted though...

When Charlie and I ordered ours we payed £110 including express shipping, though by sending together I think we saved about £20/30 so you're looking at around £120 odd express, or a tad less with the longer option (Y)

We had hardly any delay and no issues with contact either.

i waited 4 weeks with express shipping, and he returned the difference between the long and express shipping.

a friend had to wait 2 months or so recently because the frame stopped in germany (on the way to romania) and was sent back to peru, then again to romania (also express shipping)

ship happens..