What Does Everyone Do For A Living?

the

I work in cabinet makers, making hand made furniture, we restore alot of jukeboxes. We also do alot of spray finishing on internal doors, external windows, cappings an other similar bits an bobs. Anybody near Oxley Park in Milton Keynes, we painted alllllll the internal doors, an windows in that eco development.

It's a preety good job to be fair, varied from one day to the next, keeps me intrested. :)

im a finishing/automation supervisor in a large print company that sells customised greetings cards. ive been working here for 4 years, to me its a HUGE waste of paper, and i dont even like cards. they are a waste of time and tree's. the money's not bad though, thats the only thing that really keeps me here, it means i can buy lots of guitars and other musical gear. we also have a really annoying tv advert, which most of you have probably seen.

can you guess what it is yet?

Im an optician, i help people to see :) .have been doing this for 10 years now and still going strong

Do you know much about Lasik? random I know haha... if so can I forward you a few questions?

and to keep my reply kind of on topic, I work as a Software Technician providing 3rd line support to customers.

Edited by tubby

I work in frozen food warehouse, so -18 is the warmest it gets , lugging boxes around and loading lorries. I'm either sweating like a pig or i'm freezing cold.

I'm on the night shift and i work most weekends so seasons change between nights out with mates.

If its busy i can easily pick over 50tonnes of food by hand per shift, my back aches nearly all the time.

I think its one of the worst jobs in this country?

On the plus side the money is ok and i get a discount on my shopping :D

post-16970-095509200 1282130799_thumb.jp

My saturday Jobs like that at greenland but icey

the driver one day was a real anal pack rat and had weights of frozen on the delivery chit (although I cannot remeber the figures). But i lifted every box on that delivery on my own at least once in the freezer so i know the feeling. Although f**k nights they ruin your life socially and you live to work that way not vice versa as it should be!

Going to uni again in september to do a 3 years course, then become a resistant materials teacher for high school/sixth form. Cant wait! Currently filling my time fixing cars, doing welding jobs and when the weather changes, driving a combine harvester.

If you've already done a degree why don't you just do a 1 year PGCE?

Gas Trader for RWE Gmbh (large energy company that owns npower), before that was an electrical engineer and before that worked in fibre optic R&D for 5+ years (PhD and in industry, working on optical amplification). Science and Engineering in this country doesn't seem to pay/reward so I jacked it in and moved into te financial sector.

Edited by ellingtj