What Does Everyone Do For A Living?

the

Law student and barman most of the year and during Easter and the summer I'm an investment officer at a Swiss asset manager (which I used to do full time). The variety keeps me on my toes although the bar work is really starting to f**k me up as I like beer too much.

Possibly about to start working as a care worker for young adults with learning disabilities.

If you are seriously considering this then it may be worth sending Rich Pearson a quick message - I know he did something similar a couple of years back for a while so if you had any questions/fancied a little insight to things and he's not too busy then you might benefit from a little chat (Y)

To all those that pay tax, I thank thee.

Signed on as of today, very bad times. :( Proper scumbag now!

Been there done that got the tee... Bad times :(

Currently I am a software tester for a company that develops and supplies a large database to Schools and Education Authorities all over the World. Its boring but the pay is pretty good and I don't have to work weekends so have lots of time to go biking and have fun!

Im a welder by trade. But now i am a supervisor/ R&D developer for a ballistic armour manufacturer. We develope helmets, ballistic shields, bulletproof/stab vests and other kit for the MOD, LAPD, NYPD, SWAT, nemerous U.K police forces and also the SAS.

How do you test bullet/stab proof vests, helmets and things?

I was wondering if they were fitted around a machine or something so they could test the different forces or something.. Didn't think it would be the simple answer..

The most complicated it gets is, how near it can get shot from, how many times, how long for, and what sort of bullets.

Obviously someone caning a whole clip of 50 cal rounds from the barrett sniper rifle point blank, will probably kill you even in a bullet proof vest.

The most complicated it gets is, how near it can get shot from, how many times, how long for, and what sort of bullets.

Obviously someone caning a whole clip of 50 cal rounds from the barrett sniper rifle point blank, will probably kill you even in a bullet proof vest.

If a .50 bullet passes within half a foot of the your body, it's possible to rip a limb off. I'd say good luck getting a vest that'll stop one of those from getting through. And at 13.5k Ft/lbs!!!