My Red Satan !

kristaps

Hello everyone...

There is my Rockman after ''extreme makeover'' :D

Almost every part of this bike is modified by myself !

Specs:

Frame and Forks

- Frame: Rockman Aurem 2

- Forks: V!z L

Wheels

- Front hub: Rockman SL

- Rear hub: Echo TR Disc

- Chain tensioner: Monty Alu Snail Cams

- Front rim: Try all

- Rear rim: Monty

- Spokes: Shadow butted

-Spoke nipples; Halo red

- Rim tape: Home made

- Inner tube (front): BMX

- Inner tube (rear): BMX

- Front tyre: Monty eagle claw

- Rear tyre: Maxxis

Brakes

- Front brake: Hope Mono Trial 160mm ( try all)

- Rear brake: Hope Mono Trial 160mm

-Brake rotors; XC pulse

Drivetrain

- Cranks: Monty camel

- Freewheel: Echo TR

- Chain: Shimano hg8

- Rear Sprocket: Trialtech Sport Screw On 12T

- Pedals: Vp single cage

- Bottom bracket: Try all

- Bashring: Zhi L

Steering

- Headset: ZHI SL

- Stem: Trialtech 180 * 40

- Stem cap: Tange modified

- Grips: Tartybikes

- Handlebars: Trialtech Sport Riser

- Stem spacers; Try all & Trialtech carbon

Weight arround 8-8.2 kg

DSC_1023.jpg

DSC_1022.jpg

DSC_1018.jpg

DSC_1016.jpg

DSC_1013.jpg

DSC_1011.jpg

Bike is like a dream on natural riding :)

DSC_1040.jpg

Thanks for Supporting to www.Trialparts.net !

DSC_1015.jpg

Comments as always welcome .

Cheers Kristaps !

nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so you drilled the stem and the top tube?

do you think ican i use v brakes on such rimes?

i have a really strong v brakes wite tnn blue pads

and i wont to save some whight and drill my rimes on the side walls

what do you think?

nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so you drilled the stem and the top tube?

do you think ican i use v brakes on such rimes?

i have a really strong v brakes wite tnn blue pads

and i wont to save some whight and drill my rimes on the side walls

what do you think?

My rims are single wall.. If You use stock (double wall) with v brakes and side wall holes=no problem :) It depends on how you use your bike ..natural or street , your riding style :)

Cheers

Looks really really nice.... however why have you gone to all this effort modifying bits to make them lighter and then you go and spray the frame in a nice coat of paint....

Yes ..Right ! Doing my modifiacations I am saved about 400- 500 grams. Before painting I made some modifications for frame to...So...modifications - 50 g, paint + 50 = 0 :)

I know that I can remove paint from my frame and save 50 g, but I love this color.. :)

My rims are single wall.. If You use stock (double wall) with v brakes and side wall holes=no problem :) It depends on how you use your bike ..natural or street , your riding style :)

Cheers

Yes ..Right ! Doing my modifiacations I am saved about 400- 500 grams. Before painting I made some modifications for frame to...So...modifications - 50 g, paint + 50 = 0 :)

I know that I can remove paint from my frame and save 50 g, but I love this color.. :)

How did you cover the entire frame in so little paint? Took me half a medium can to do 2 light coats on my stock frame and the can is 500ml. I still missed bits. That's roughly 200-250g. In fact, 50g wouldn't even have done a decent coat on my forks.

How did you cover the entire frame in so little paint? Took me half a medium can to do 2 light coats on my stock frame and the can is 500ml. I still missed bits. That's roughly 200-250g. In fact, 50g wouldn't even have done a decent coat on my forks.

That's what I thought, if you've done a decent job there should be 300-400grams of paint on that frame. Could have removed the bash guard mounts too.

500 ml..jesus

..with high performance paint pistol I needed about 150- 200 ml...and 50 gr...Yes maybe a little bit more..I dont know !

Cheers :)

Just out of curiosity does cutting little bits off the tire have any affect on grip good or bad ??? or is it purely a weight saving thing ?

Nice bike :D

Ashes.

Nice weight saving and better grip on natural riding !!

500 ml..jesus

..with high performance paint pistol I needed about 150- 200 ml...and 50 gr...Yes maybe a little bit more..I dont know !

Cheers :)

Well 1ml of fluid roughly equals 1gram in weight. Given that a spray willl probably only hit 80% onto the frame and the rest on any surrounding surfaces thats 125-150g in weight.

It looks really smart though, but i'd probably weight it with a scale before guessing. Mine was about 1kg heavier than i thought it was when i actually weighed it the other day.