My Project Comp Frame

Canardweb

This morning, just after I woke up, a Chronopost truck was in front of my house! Woohee, you have guessed, I received my frame!

I didn't had to pay any custom taxes too, so it's cool I guess!

So that is what arrived that morning at home:

photo010.jpg

So, I started to unpack the beast, it was really well packaged into bubble paper, then plastic paper...

photo012.jpg

Nearly there:

photo013.jpg

Also there were some traditionnal gifts from Peru in the box, I find them quite amusing and I was surprised to get an extra gift!

photo011.jpg

The next photo is horrible as I was trembling in front of the magnificence of the frame, so much emotions:

photo014.jpg

So, I started building the frame afterwards, it all went smoothly but then I encountered several problems:

-As the dropouts are so thin, the hub axle was just too long, so I couldn't tighten my rear wheel.

-Because of that last problem, which I didn't spotted at first, I started to get on the rear wheel and felt my chain was not tensioned, so I stopped and saw that I had killed the snail cam bolt thread right into the dropout. So I put a small nut (dunno if this is the right word) and filed my rear hub axle. I tightened my rear wheel hard and it seemed to hold really well when I was bashing it on the rear wheel. We'll see how it evolves...

- Last problem was that I had some play in the headset but all I had to do was put a small spacer under the stem but this had nothinbg to do with the bike...

So really, the only problem was the thin dropouts. Other than that I greased every sensible parts, serviced my freewheel, bled my rear brake, changed my Vee's pads and cable and the bike could be ridden.

photo015.jpg

photo016.jpg

photo017.jpg

I had a small ride in my street to see if everything was working and it is rigid as anything! Just impressive. The rear brake is just amazing, much better than on the Neon! Hold, Agressive bite and really sharp noise! All this on a month old grind!

I'll give it a proper ride this afternoon and will tell you about how it felt, but getting on the rear wheel is a real pleasure as it is so confortable, you don't even need to hop to stay on the rear wheel!!!

Thanks for reading!

The next photo is horrible as I was trembling in front of the magnificence of the frame, so much emotions:

Deary me.

Dude, with the dropouts, chucking in a wee washer to space out your bolts so they didnt bottom out on your axle would have been a better idea than filing your hub.

Shame you over tightened the snail cam bolt but no harm in using the nut. (Y)

Anyway, see, no problem with postage. (Y)

Oh, and customs charges come a few weeks after....I think. Depends how Marino sent it. I could be wrong.

Deary me.

Dude, with the dropouts, chucking in a wee washer to space out your bolts so they didnt bottom out on your axle would have been a better idea than filing your hub.

Shame you over tightened the snail cam bolt but no harm in using the nut. (Y)

Anyway, see, no problem with postage. (Y)

Oh, and customs charges come a few weeks after....I think. Depends how Marino sent it. I could be wrong.

No customs charges at all Chronopost told me! I love my bike, feels awesome!!!!

So I rode it this afternoon! Well I am not disappointed at all! Perfect geo, all I have to do is get used to it. The higher BB doesn't help me for taps but I'lll get over it once I get used to it!

I verified the Geo, so it turned out to be: 1100; 380 ;+70 so no problem at all!

Thanks a lot!

Edited by Canardweb

Looks awesome built up, whats the total build weight? Gotta be 10.5kg or there abouts?

Hello, thanks a lot to you and Ali, the total weight of that build is 9,2, I cut my steerer tube and use lighter inner tubes. But it is still heavier than my previous bike! And Ali, the BB is +70 but the bike is very stable on both wheels, also the position on the rear wheel is the way I like it!