What Made You Go 24"?

Skoze

Random topic i know, but seeing as most people seem to associate people riding 24s with Danny Mac (and seemingly for the most part, 24s not existing before then...) i've been wondering what made the rest of you switch to 24"? Or more to the point, how many people did because of Megaskill?

I got bored of normal hoppy hoppy trials and wanted something a bit more fun, watched all Phil's videos, then Joel made Twice and that was the last thing i needed to push me over the edge and lose 2" of wheel from my Leeson.

So, how about you?

I ride stock mainly (but not recently as I hate my 26" now I got a new frame) and got a 24" to make thing abit for fun and too open my eyes to a different style and abit more variety of riding. Not because of Danny Mac. I got my 24" bike about a year or so before that video B) .

I was riding BMX and trials and struggling to switch quickly between the two so thought I'd try the 24" thang. When the Inspired was introduced I just had to have one and was immediately the most comfortable I've been on any bike. Still loving the same batch 1 frame!

This is the exact reason I got a 24" about 8 years ago(ish, cant remember exactly) but back then DMR rythm was about the best you could do if I remember rightly.

Feckin loved that bike.

Did TGS for about 6 years, then switched to BMX for 3-4 years. Started working at TartyBikes and wanted a trials bike of some sort. Got a stock, didn't really get on with it. Got a mod and it was sort of alright, but I fancied a 24 so I bought myself an Echo Urban build for Xmas last year and haven't really looked back. Put brakes on for a ride, hated them and took them off, switched to an Inspired, tried a load of different bits out and now have a setup I'm pretty comfortable on. It's the best way to combine BMX and trials which is sort of what I wanted to do. I found that when I was on my BMX, there were things on street I thought might be cool if I could do a little trials move in, and when I was riding natural/trialsy street I found there were BMX-inspired things I wanted to do on it too.

The guys i ride with every day have either Bmx or Dirt cycles..Makes everyone happy when it comes to riding spots :)

Love that with 24" i do not concentrate about height or length anymore, just having fun on my bike!

Mark vids made me want to do lines and beeing smooth..Therefor i bought myself an Inspired..

Edited by Skorp

I get bored fairly quickly riding TGS although it's still alright when I can do bmx type stuff as well. I like having lots of different things to learn and the feeling of flow is more rewarding for me than hopping. BMX is too small for me and I prefer the trials community to what I experienced of the bmx one. 24" is basically the best balance for me.

Danny Mac, awesome as he is, has never really played much of an inspirational role in my wanting to ride 24". Eddie Tongue, on the other hand, certainly has. I could watch him ride up and down curbs all day.

first trials bike i bought was an inspired. why? it had a seat. I had also wanted to try bmx at the time so i guess getting inspired didn't hurt. Also living in the US, i didn't want my bike to stand out too much (at the time) and the fourplay looked the most normal. I eventually bought a used stock pitbull which was a lot of fun but i really missed my seat so i switched back quite recently. I would trade for a 26'' inspired in a flash though.

Reading an article in MBUK covering Chris Akrigg and Eddie Tongue riding Shilpy Geln. Eds 24 Ashton was the coolest looking thing I had ever seen! Managed to pick myself up a brand new one about two years after they had all sold out everywhere!

Rode the frame for about a year, cracked it on the top tube and down tube near the head tube. Got it re welded. Then it started to crack on the top tube at the seat tube. After that was welded and it started to crack again I thought it was time to contact Marino.

Im a different one. Im 5'9. So a stock is just plain to big for me to handle. But i still want to have the tapability of a stock, and of course all the other benefits of big wheels. So i got a 24. :)

Mark Caiso is knee high to a grass hopper and did VERY well in the worlds. I don't think 5'9 is small for a stock.

Anyway back on topic.

The Boon did a lot for persuading me too.

I was riding BMX and trials and struggling to switch quickly between the two so thought I'd try the 24" thang. When the Inspired was introduced I just had to have one and was immediately the most comfortable I've been on any bike. Still loving the same batch 1 frame!

Haha, thanks :) I thought I saw an order with your name on for some 24" bits earlier - that'd certainly explain it. You won't regret it (Y)

Heh, jea..Making my Inspired 1500g lighter :giggle:

Going to make a bike check later when i get the parts..Think im going for black or stripped frame :)

Have had my Inspired for two months now, But had a Urban fork on with cut steerer, which was waay too low..So when you guys sent me a wrong fork for my Born, i ordered a new one, and mounted "the wrong" fork on the inspired. And now the bike is awsome!

Mark Caiso is knee high to a grass hopper and did VERY well in the worlds. I don't think 5'9 is small for a stock.

Anyway back on topic.

The Boon did a lot for persuading me too.

This i know. :P but i have rode alot of stocks and every one (even some high end 18-19 pound ones) just felt like there was lead in the tires. The 24 fells VERY right for me though. im so comfortable on it.