Pictures Of Your Brake Set Up Wanted

Phatmike

Hey guys.

I'm requesting you to post up pictures of your (rim) brake set up.

I'd like a variety of pictures, from a variety of set ups - if you've got a grind, smooth, magura, vee, booster or not, etc etc; I want to see them!

Thanks for your help,

Mike.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks to everyone that's posted pictures - all a big help. :) Do any of you object to the pictures being used in some non-commercial research?

I could also now do with brake set-up pictures that show the relationship between the brake cylinder and the crank-arm. Especially on frames where the cylinder sits close to or behind the crank arm. On my setup the brake cylinder sits well above the crank arm, but similar pics on bikes with much lower seat stays would be perfect!

Thanks again,

Mike

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Old school booster there ha ha. I bet Joe will be proud. Out of interest how come your aren't using TNN backing, clamps and booster?

Ive got that set up on my Bionic natty/comp bike. TNN backings, clamps and booster. I only have one set up like that but I had spare re-fills.

The TNN booster would be too wide for my set up on the Marino anyway.

nice brake setups

102_0090.jpg

102_0089.jpg

102_0086.jpg

Note the lack of spacers, works really well and I haven't ground my rim for ages or let the new pads bed in shifty.gif

nice brake setup ,

1.how did you make that splitter ,

2. and get the braded hoses on there ,

3.how do you get both bleed bolts on the top of your slaves , becuase i am running a monty hosesplitter and i have to run it so one cable is on the top bit of my slave and the other side is on the bottom of the slave , becuase the bleed bolt would fit on both the top ones.

Edited by onza rider..

nice brake setup ,

1.how did you make that splitter ,

2. and get the braded hoses on there ,

3.how do you get both bleed bolts on the top of your slaves , becuase i am running a monty hosesplitter and i have to run it so one cable is on the top bit of my slave and the other side is on the bottom of the slave , becuase the bleed bolt would fit on both the top ones.

Cheers dude laugh.gif

1. I used to be a CNC machinist so I have a few mates who still work there to make things for me.

2. I got myself a normal braided crossover, cut it in half and bought two extra hose connectors. The hose from the lever is still plastic.

3. If I'm reading this right you need to change one of your slaves for one with both the holes the same size M6/M6. Or you could get an M8 shroud nut and glue a short M6 bolt in there, (score the inside of the shroud nut and use strong 2-part glue) effectively making an M8 fine bolt. Best to buy a new slave though thumbsupanim.gif

Yesterday the brake received its xmas pressie early whistling.gif

102_0125.jpg

Ha Ha, Joe purchased a "splitter" from somebody on here and then gave it to me to face off each side-it was about 15mm thick and generally badly made poorly drilled and had massive amounts of excess materiel on it. I had a look at it chucked it in the bin and sorted this one out for him.

Anyway, the setup is awesome. If only i could be bothered to make one for myself, ha ha.