Rockman Isis2 Prototype!

Bigman

Righty then, this is my new ISIS2 Prototype frame, Geometry is around 1095mm, +50mm, 72degree head angle and 380mm chain stays. It is not the final design yet, only the first prototype, the ISIS2 is aiming to be abit heavier than the other frames which we are hoping will lead to it being stronger. As far as I am aware it is also going to cost less than the other frames, Let me know what you think!

isis2proto.jpg

Full spec:

Rockman ISIS2 Prototype frame

Try-all disc fork

Tartybikes forged Stem, Ti bolts

Try-all nowar carbon handlebars

Echo SL headset

Rockarm cranks, echo SL freewheel and Trialtech Ti half bash

Rear Echo TR hub (soon to be Rockman Hub), Try-all hOles rim, Alu nipples and try-all light tyre

Front Echo TR disc hub, Custom milled, drilled and singlewalled DX32, alu nipples and try-all tyre

Rear Magura HS33, 4 finger lever blade, metal TPA, home made splitter, Echo TR mounts and RB 2 bolt booster (Not needed, but I like extra hold)

Front Hope mono trial, carbon lever blade and custom modified hope rotor.

Toxsin bottom bracket

KMC K810 chain

Trialtech foam grips.

Welgo MG1 Ti pedals

No idea on a weight at the moment.

Adam

Thats the nuts mate thanks for posting it.. Any idea on price and availability yet??

No idea on price or availability yet, I have only just recived this frame and as its the first prototype I would expect it to be a while yet, after all I have to give it a good thrashing first!

Adam

It look's nice adam.

However rockman have made the isis, slate and kortz.

The isis was the street'y one with a good all around geo stiffness and long lasting.

The slate although looked the same was the natty attempt.

The kortz was just super cool natty frame.

This looks more like a slate mark1 upgrade. using parts from the slate2 also...... Yeah its nice but they've taken the whole isis out of that!

As much as people will most likly disagree I dont care if you wanted a natty bike youd get a slate or kortz, Hope you see my point adam.

maybe look better if the tubing was closter around the seat tube?

nice Slate II :rolleyes:

narr, it looks pretty cool if a little samey. I do like simple frames with straight tubes to that ticks my boxes, not a huge fan of the cnc area by the bb, it makes it look a little messy.

I presume it differs from the Slate in the geo and tube profiles?

It look's nice adam.

However rockman have made the isis, slate and kortz.

The isis was the street'y one with a good all around geo stiffness and long lasting.

The slate although looked the same was the natty attempt.

The kortz was just super cool natty frame.

This looks more like a slate mark1 upgrade. using parts from the slate2 also...... Yeah its nice but they've taken the whole isis out of that!

As much as people will most likly disagree I dont care if you wanted a natty bike youd get a slate or kortz, Hope you see my point adam.

maybe look better if the tubing was closter around the seat tube?

Looks better than them all imho.

narr, it looks pretty cool if a little samey. I do like simple frames with straight tubes to that ticks my boxes, not a huge fan of the cnc area by the bb, it makes it look a little messy.

^ my point, rockman have taken the whole isis part out of this frame, its no longer the odd one out, its not longer got that different look and its now pretty much the same geo and look's as a slate2. why would we wait 6-8 months for this?

The geo might still alter a little, not 100% sure yet, this frame planning on being abit heavier and with any luck stronger than other frames! I can see what you mean about the CNC plates around the BB area, but they do seem to increase the stiffness of frames.

You will never like it Ali, the BB is too high :P

dirt jumper jake:this one gonna break like the last isis's? :lol:

Well this is the first prototype, which I only recived a week ago, only time will tell, which is the idea of prototype frames......

Adam

The lesson being that super compact sections around the BB area where the frame tubing gets mega close like that puts a load of stress through the frame and inevitably leads to more failures, especially when the frame 'dips' down at the seat-stay/top-tube join?

Im not talking about the kortz. My isis is what like 2 years old now. remind me what lesson?

To be honest dude I am not 100% sure how to reply to your post further up, They have altered the geo so that the frame is a little more inline with frames that people are wanting to by at the moment, as with every new version of a previous frame there is always going to be differences that some people will like and others will not. The weight of this frame is the main thing that keeps it inline with the previous ISIS, the aim is that this frame will be heavier, with any luck stronger and also cheaper (as far as I am aware) than the other rockman frames, Like I have said before this is the first proto of this frame, there are likely to be a few changes......

Adam

The lesson being that super compact sections around the BB area where the frame tubing gets mega close like that puts a load of stress through the frame and inevitably leads to more failures, especially when the frame 'dips' down at the seat-stay/top-tube join?

fair point, however I dont feel the angle of that join on my isis would ever bother me, its the stupid things rockman keep doing. loverly step in the weld on my slate2 frame resulting too crack going all the way around that gay 2 part yoke thingie.

fair point, however I dont feel the angle of that join on my isis would ever bother me, its the stupid things rockman keep doing. loverly step in the weld on my slate2 frame resulting too crack going all the way around that gay 2 part yoke thingie.

The 2 Piece yoke idea was very brave, but manufacturers will never learn unless they try new things, and the guys at Rockman have learnt from this and they have already started frames with a new re-designed yoke, as far as I am aware!

Adam

To be honest dude I am not 100% sure how to reply to your post further up, They have altered the geo so that the frame is a little more inline with frames that people are wanting to by at the moment, as with every new version of a previous frame there is always going to be differences that some people will like and others will not. The weight of this frame is the main thing that keeps it inline with the previous ISIS, the aim is that this frame will be heavier, with any luck stronger and also cheaper (as far as I am aware) than the other rockman frames, Like I have said before this is the first proto of this frame, there are likely to be a few changes......

Adam

You've given a good enough answer, My main point is this frame looks just like the slate2 and the geo is pretty close. Granted the geo would change I like the higher bb. Would be cool for this frame too stand out a little more than the proto dose....

EDIT: Thanks for replying too the post above adam. Im not here too be a dick, sorry for it looking that way rockman is my fav company out there however as above this frame dosent stand out the same as the old isis imo.

Edited by Seabasss