Rockman Isis2 Prototype!

Bigman

The rear splitter looks awesome. Did make that yourself?

I like the frame apart from the faff around the bb.

Yes I did make the splitter myself, not massively easy.

And its not realy "faff" around the BB, the wings are there for a reason, they help to stiffen the rear of the frame, and they do a very good job of it!

Adam

I have rubbed my eyes twice and I still cant see it! :P

Need to rub them abit harder Ross!, haha, when writing the spec I put that in because thats whats on the bike now, forgot the pic didn't show it :P

I know what you mean about the top tube Rainbird, it is actualy the same diameter as the downtube, but doesn't look it :S. Not sure what you mean about the top tube/seat stay lines though, I thought they were pretty spot, straight line is the way forward......

Adam

Isn't that just a Slate with slate crossed out?

Not realy, different geo, weight, tubing. And like has been said in previous posts, this is the first prototype and there is likely to be a few alterations yet!

Adam

Why not reserve judgement until the final frame's out, instead of saying that based on a totally raw frame with no graphics, which is the first prototype of a new type of frame?

fair point but my view is at least if we say what we think Adam can then go back too Rockman and say , You've given me a good riding frame and there's about a 50/50 show of hands too who likes the look's of the proto and then who would prefer the final model too be slightly more based towards the original isis frame, Im not saying it dosent look good and the geo dose look pretty decent however it would be cool too see the frame resemble the old isis a little bit (not asking for rockman too remake the old isis).

Surely it's not that different? Simple round top and down tube, webbing at the seatube/bb area, yes it has smaller, tidier dropouts and no paint or graphics but it's not that different and it is a proto. It's an evolution of a previous model, how many many new models come out looking exactly the same. Seems like you're too hell bent on bumming the original Isis to give this one a chance to actually get to a production version where you may be able to pass judgement.