Tgs

gu trials

This is the exact reason why trials is turning gay, it is just weird.

I was playing more on the fact that they're measuring in pallets, rather than just measuring in a normal unit

I don't carry a tape measure round with me to measure things, mostly because it's gay, partly because I'm shit.

Why would you even make this topic, I was happy the day I got like 2 pallet's and as happy the day I got up 3 and so on and so forth, I cant say your abuilty as a trials rider would be based around the height or distance you can ride on pallets nor in feet or inch's.

Damon can sidehop 63" but i can still think of other riders Id rather watch. . . .

Some impressive figures there, but ive only just started, can some one please explain what TGS is, i keep seeing it, but i dont know what it means

Thanks

TGS riders are just riders who concentrate on taps (T) gaps (G) and sidehops (S) have no real variation to riding but go as big as possible in these 3 moves

Some impressive figures there, but ive only just started, can some one please explain what TGS is, i keep seeing it, but i dont know what it means

Thanks

TGS means Tap Gap and Sidehops, and refers to some rider's preference of finding locations where they can do each move individually to see how high or far they can do it.

It's also effectively a style of trials or approach that brings its own dress code and style of video, and desire to queue up and sidehop walls for a whole ride.

Everyone really seems to be exaggerating the whole 'TGS' thing considering it is actually a huge part of what people do.

For instance, people going 'oh yea, I'm really ghetto because I have a 24" bike, I'm so creative, it's all about having fun,man'. TGS riders have fun and they're able to do a lot more lines because they're able to get the height.

TGS riders have fun and they're able to do a lot more lines because they're able to get the height.

TGS riders don't have fun because they COULD do lines but don't.

When someone doesn't do rolly spinny moves, but does prefer riding lines, I call that proper trials.

:P

To be honest, everyone does TGS, everyone looks at a gap between two walls and wonders if they could do it, but only people without imagination limit themselves to that kind of stuff. The cool part of trials is, 'I'll go to that thing, and then see if I can get onto that next thing from there.'

I was playing more on the fact that they're measuring in pallets, rather than just measuring in a normal unit

I don't carry a tape measure round with me to measure things, mostly because it's gay, partly because I'm shit.

Indeed and I did chuckle.

TGS means Tap Gap and Sidehops, and refers to some rider's preference of finding locations where they can do each move individually to see how high or far they can do it.

It's also effectively a style of trials or approach that brings its own dress code and style of video, and desire to queue up and sidehop walls for a whole ride.

I have visions that are hilarious

The main thing is that they don't actually do lines though? So being able to 'do' them because they've 'got the height' is pretty irrelevant if they're just sidehopping everywhere? I mean, I don't really care what people choose to do primarily because I don't go on group rides so it never really has any direct impact on what I do, but in terms of watching videos you just don't see the sort of riders that people are refering to as 'TGS' riders in here ever doing lines.

Equally, you can still do 'street' stuff (e.g. lines) and go big? There's nothing stopping you, and although you might not be able to sidehop your way about the place it's not necessarily the end of the world. A pretty good example of that would be Ali, in that when he was on his Stinger, and other proper trials bikes before that, Ali was capable of doing pretty monsterous stuff, yet he's also able to come up with creative stuff too. Ali's now focussing more on streety moves, but because he's got a solid base of trials awesomeness to build on it's all good.

Moderation's obviously the main thing though. Just doing the latest moves you've seen Danny Mac do isn't really any better than just doing the latest moves you've seen Damon do. As long as people are aware that bikes are capable of a lot more than just doing one sort of thing then it's game on.

• Like 2