The Gaming Thread......

James Quigley

Dirt 3 = pure win

La noire is really good!

Did you buy both of them? Beause I remember you not having enough money to fix your bike :P

Might try out Minecraft today :)

And, did anyone play Shift 2? Was wondering if it's worth getting! Had my fun with shift 1, unlike others.

Anybody happen to buy DNF? Or get the demo? I'm really not expecting much especially after reading the reviews. But it was never gonna live up to the original 3D to be fair. May get it and MW3 in the winter, but we'll see as i'm not expecting much from either.

• 2 weeks later...

Steam summer camp sale is ridiculously cheap, super tempted to get the Valve complete pack, £140 worth of Valve games for £24.99, too cheap to pass up.

Already bought Terraria and Magicka, both awesome games, definitely recommend Magicka, especially as it's only £2.71 in the sale, get on it (Y)

Edited by Dwarf Shortage

Could do with a few pointers to old awesome games for ps1 or pc or newer ones that are very cheap :P Just got a semi decent laptop so don't want anything it can't handle. Just got quite a bit of free time atm for a change and want to try bring back some memories and what not.

Going to have a look in the loft tomorrow and see if i can find my pc steering wheel and colin mcrae rally 2.0 (spent a lot of my childhood on that :P) and i think i still have crash team racing somewhere and spyro. I'm sure in a second hand store things like this will be dirt cheap?

Any good ideas? :)

Pretty much anything Spyro/Crash Bandicoot, Tomb Raider, Rayman, Tekken, Tony Hawks Pro Skater 1/2, Driver, Ape Escape, I used to love stuff like Abe's Odyssey/Underworld.

Second hand stores, my local Game Station had a ton of cheap PS1 games, Amazon's cheap as well. If you've got a chipped PS1 you could look into burning the discs yourself.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know of any decent PC games that I can download? I have a beyond capable computer yet all I seem to play is a 8 year old MP game...

I've got crysis, fallout 3, penumbra and insomnia, counter strike, half lifes etc

Just want something that I can pick up and play whenever I want.

I've read up about it and watched videos, and still don't see the appeal. Basically you sink many, many hours of time into it, and at the end you've got a character with fewer possessions and skills than you have in real life.