My Zoo Python 09, But In 3D..

RobRook

Hey all :)

Well I've decided to do something different seeing as the snow's stopped play :(

I decided to make my bike in 3D, which is one of my other hobbies.. Gotta do something to keep the brain busy ain't I lol :rolleyes:

Sound interesting? Click HERE

Enjoy Guys.

Rob.

Edited by RobRook

That second picture of the welding-test cross pieces... I had to look twice to notice it wan't a photo! :P

Detail is incredible man. Amazing.

Will you be able to animate this, or is it for stills only? (Sorry if it's a dumb question, I know nothing of these things.)

First of all I'd like to say thanks for all the great comments, it's given me even more drive to finish it now, and I did not expect this kind of response at all, so thanks again, it means a lot :)

Below are a few replies to those who asked specific questions etc.

That is VERY cool, loving the welding and brazing fillets on the cable guides!

The brake mounts should be M5x0.8 btw, and brake mounts on the forks should have no threads, plain 6mm (+0.2/-0.0) hole :)

Ah right, yea I thought they were, which is why I made them 5mm in the begining, but the bolts measure approx 4-4.5mm in diameter :blink: And now you mention it I do recall the disc mounts being threadless :oops: But on the plus side, it is sooo much easier to just put a hole through it as opposed to thread; oh how thread modelling sucks! lol.. These two things will be the next things I'll sort out. Thanks for the info Adam (Y)

hey mate

looks awesome, I m in 3D myself, I ve tried something similar ages ago, I know how hard it is !

what software do u use? looks like blender to me or modo maybe

Cheers.. Oh yea? Are you on threedy at all?.. Nope, I actually use Cinema 4D. It's the only 3D package I know & use. I also render with it.

That is crazy stuff Rob, I love it!

Nice to see your still with the bike, do you ride much when the weather isn't this bad?

Yea I still ride when the weather's good. Me, Scott & Jacob are the only regular riders in Clacton now, all the others have sold up to keep thier cars or some other financial limb lol. tut tut

How long have you been doing that for? i bet that takes some time.

I've been doing 3D modelling for 8yrs now. And I've been doing this particular model for 8 days :)

That second picture of the welding-test cross pieces... I had to look twice to notice it wan't a photo! :P

Detail is incredible man. Amazing.

Will you be able to animate this, or is it for stills only? (Sorry if it's a dumb question, I know nothing of these things.)

Thanks :D Yea I enjoyed testing weld methods, they changed after that test though; to a better modelling method, but I used the same texture to create to weld bumps.

I only plan to do stills thus far. But who knows what'll happen ;)

That's stunning, dude.

I've used Pro-Engineer, Alias and Solidworks and can't imagine how awkward that would be on any one of them.

How are you building it? Are you photographing the frame and using the image as a base or are you measuring and building from scratch?

I'm actually measuring everything. The bike is living in my room at the moment :lol:

How long did that/going to take? I still find it ridiculous how life like something can look

8 Days so far. Average 6hrs a day. Probably take several more weeks yet (Hopefully) :)

Facebook album of this bike's progress HERE (Just Pictures. Newest at the end)

And an album with some of my best work from the last 5yrs or so HERE

I'm not even kidding some of that stuff is absolutely amazing! What do you do for a living?

Well I'm not in the 3D industry. It's only a self-taught hobby unfortunately... I'd like to do it as a job one ay, but haven't a clue how to get into it or where to go. Especially with no qualifications in the field of 3D.