Unfixed

Box

Were the pictures of the Charge that came up again recently new shots or just older ones that resurfaced? If they're more recent, fingers crossed!

I'd love to see him doing braked stuff on the Green Megamo, that bike is awesome.

Would be interesting to see him doing a bit of TGS stuff too, ironically out of all the riding styles he has been exploring recently TGS is one he has missed! lol

I'd love to see him doing braked stuff on the Green Megamo, that bike is awesome.

Would be interesting to see him doing a bit of TGS stuff too, ironically out of all the riding styles he has been exploring recently TGS is one he has missed! lol

i think he just like riding fast thats why he doesn't ride TGS, in his older comp videos he is fast aswell

Video i love but cant find it anywhere is one where Akrigg rides these silly huge concrete cube shaped things that form part of seaside sea defense at the beginning followed by some Trials Noir segments. It was here but can't find it on the search, think they were unused clips or something..

Perhaps, though don't forget he's got titles under his belt and can still go pretty huge with 'trialsy' stuff, just generally with less hopping/faffing about or a little more speed.

Exhibit A:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRtpGPfoutQ

Sidehops, gaps to front & rear, dropgaps etc... ;)

I haven't seen that vid in ages! I watch it and wonder how it didn't have a similar impact to the Danny Mac fid from Aprill 09. I know its not shot as well but considering when that vid was made its bloody impressive still!!

Stop resting on your laurels and take responsibility for the brainless comments you write, you have kids that actually list to what you write on here and condoning the non use of a helmet by the top guys in the sport is cock like!!

Oh dear.

Bearing in mind the comments that Chris has made about the state of modern 'trials' (as in 'TGS'), I don't see that happening any time soon...

i'm sure i saw an interview in dirt or singletrack with chris saying that he thinks most ridersbarely go through one rotation in each section and he hates the way compition trials is going he can obviously ride TGS really well but he chooses not too he proberly gets bored

Edited by Milo123

LOL, I was wondering how long it would take for 'Tarty' brigade to arrive! you really should change your name to 'toenail' as I'm pretty sure that is the only part of you anyone can see hanging from Ali C's arse!

Can everyone just shut up about this crap, the thread is about chris akrigg not an argument between people, also i didn't see one post that he was suggested he was sucking up someones arse he was just defending his mate, and don't come back and start arguing with me i don't want to get involved with this.

Edited by Milo123
  • Like 1

Can everyone just shut up about this crap, the thread is about chris akrigg not an argument between people, also i didn't see one post that he was suggested he was sucking up someones arse he was just defending his mate.

Agreeing with a 'mate' on his every opinion and going on the offensive every time anyone voices the opposite opinion to said 'mate' or maybe just stuck up his batty sleeve, its a fine line. A fine line indeed. Still i guess everyone is entitled to their opinion and I'm not one to stand in the way of true love so go ahead boys.

Anyway back on topic, I cant wait to see another vid from Chris! If the rumours of a braked trials bike vid are true it will be awesome!!

I dont know about anyone else but I would like to see some slightly more professional editing too, the content of chris's vids are brilliant but the editing seems a little amaturish in my view.

are u blind you idiot? anyway, that vid is different i will give you that, whats the rough weight of a bike like that?

I have 20:20 vision and a degree in Mechanical Engineering so no, I am neither blind nor am I an Idiot.

• Like 1

Agreeing with a 'mate' on his every opinion and going on the offensive every time anyone voices the opposite opinion to said 'mate' or maybe just stuck up his batty sleeve, its a fine line. A fine line indeed. Still i guess everyone is entitled to their opinion and I'm not one to stand in the way of true love so go ahead boys.

Anyway back on topic, I cant wait to see another vid from Chris! If the rumours of a braked trials bike vid are true it will be awesome!!

I dont know about anyone else but I would like to see some slightly more professional editing too, the content of chris's vids are brilliant but the editing seems a little amaturish in my view.

Meh but ok, yeh the editing doesn't really do the riding justice, from first looking at his new bike i though it was an older model but then the El Gato tyres are pretty new so he must be brewing up something good, i'm still to see him do that massive impossible wall of death thing that would be cool if he has made that.

Edit: :lol: batty sleeve :giggle:

Edited by Milo123

"random crap"

In what way am I resting on my laurels? That would suggest I don't actually do anything anymore when infact I have done more this last year in terms of riding, videos, giving advice, helping out companies than I have done in the past 14 years.

I have obviously pissed you off with my rather tame view that people can choose to wear helmets or not, and that's fine. If you want to be pissed off go ahead, but don't start puking up stupid comments about things you don't even know about.

(sorry to keep arguing, I don't want to, but I will defend myself and I don't have a computer at my new house hence the late replies)

LOL, I was wondering how long it would take for 'Tarty' brigade to arrive! you really should change your name to 'toenail' as I'm pretty sure that is the only part of you anyone can see hanging from Ali C's arse!

LOL, I bet you were wondering how long it would take for 'Tarty' brigade to arrive! LOL, just like someone tried saying before. LOL, look, it's the same f**king answer. LOL, are you a clueless idiot? LOL, certainly seems like it.

How is me replying 'all the tartybikes lot'? I've lived with Ali for 9 months, and now we live on the same street as each other - I'm not replying to you because I work at TartyBikes, I'm replying to you because you're talking shit about someone I'm pretty good friends with, and all you're basing it on is a warped view about what Ali's like on here.

Whilst there is obviously some merit to film quality and standard of riding I would prefer to see him riding a bike that maximises what he can do. He's one of my favourite riders but I find the vids where he's on novel bikes a bit boring to be honest. I get the impression that it's for the sake of being different and standing out? But whatever. If he's actually getting something out of what he does then furry muff and my view is really quite irrelevant.

Just as well he's not doing it purely for your entertainment then? Sorry but comments like that irritate me, especially when someone is consistently producing videos that are entertaining, innovative and eye-catching.

I seriously doubt Akrigg is being different 'for the sake of it' - he's obviously someone who enjoys riding bikes, full stop. Doesn't feel the need to comply with definitions, sh'tty trials fashions and just doing what everyone else does. It's a breath of fresh air, and it's probably just as well that the guy is too busy riding to come on here and comment on all the videos of people queueing to sidehop the same bit of plain brick wall.

Great vid, loved it.

I have 20:20 vision and a degree in Mechanical Engineering so no, I am neither blind nor am I an Idiot.

Ah, an over-opinionated, under-informed 'engineer'. What a f**king surprise. Certainly don't see many of them around these parts :rolleyes:

I agree with Ali on this because I agreed in general about the point he was trying to make. I'm 'backing him up' about the shit you were saying because you've clearly got no idea what you're talking about.

In what way am I resting on my laurels? That would suggest I don't actually do anything anymore when infact I have done more this last year in terms of riding, videos, giving advice, helping out companies than I have done in the past 14 years.

Ali C,

You listed your prior achievements to date and asked if they counted in your support of chris' choice to not wear a helmet. Hence my resting on your laurels comment.

I believe the top guys in this sport should lead by example and not wearing a helmet is just blatently not setting a good example. I dont think anyone can argue with that?

Our views clearly clash on this topic and I want to apoloiges if my words were a little harsh yesterday, its just something i feel strongly about.

I think its probably best if we agree to disagree on this and leave it at that.

• Like 1

I believe the top guys in this sport should lead by example and not wearing a helmet is just blatently not setting a good example. I dont think anyone can argue with that?

I can think of worse things...drinking, drugs, acting up, all of which appear in many bmx videos and I don't see anyone bitching about setting bad examples. People have a lifestyle they want to live, and they often get shown on videos and usually they are the most interesting to watch (Sean Burns section from Anthem 2 for example, f**king amazing!)

I never wear a helmet.

I like Chris Ackrigg.

Thus, Chris Ackrigg is at fault should I ever come to harm through a trials related head injury. What with being such an ambassador and all :rolleyes:

How people can think that him not wearing a helmet is more detrimental to his ambassadorship than his riding is beneficial to said ambassadorship is beyond me. Yea, it would please more parents if he wore a helmet. He didn't. The video rocks anyway. Get over it and go ride, with or without a helmet (Y)