Which Helmet Do I Go For, I Can't Choose

AJ9604

My choices are between these 3 helmets, fox flux, met terra and giro hex. i am swaying toward the Fox Flux but i thought i would get some other people opinions, money is no object so that does not have to be a factor in this.

Cheers

AJ

Edited by AJ9604

Seriously, try before you buy. Both the fox and the hex helmet I find really uncomfortable, the fox is actually painful for me to wear. There's no point having a helmet that you don't want to wear. If I was you I'd go to my LBS and to Halfords and try on all the helmets they have, then if its cheaper online you can go and order the one that fits. Personally I love my Xen but then it is quite expensive and it might not fit your head if it's a weird shape :P

I received a Hex yesterday but am not quite convinced by the look so ordered a Flux last night... Will try them both and decide which to send back after the Flux arrives! I do like the Xen but, as Matt says, they're just a bit too expensive.

Matt, it's interesting that the Hex doesn't fit you yet the Xen does- I always thought manufacturers had similar fitting across their range but maybe not!

well i really like the look of the flux but that is only pics i've seen on the tinterweb, the only shop near me has the met terra in so i can't really try any other as my local halfords never has any in either. so was looking for other peopes views before i venture out to a shop further away to try and buy

AJ

I had a Xen that I used from around 2004 or so up until about 2 weeks ago, when it fell off my bars and the Roc-Loc snapped, almost leading me to weep tears of pure despair. I loved that helmet, the most comfy one I've ever had. I might try a Hex next time, but the Xen was so good (and lasted such a long time, although the outer was dented loads and the inner was cracked...) that I might just invest in one again. It worked out as being about £12-13 a year for the time I had it, which is pretty good :P

I too am a Giro Xen user and love the thing to pieces.

However, there is a new LBS in town who are stocking the full 2011 Fox range and having seen the Flux up-close im pretty sure my mind is made up as to what helmet to get when my Xen dies.

Great styling, good weight, fitted well (found it really comfy) and they'll do me a good price ;)

I had a Xen that I used from around 2004 or so up until about 2 weeks ago, when it fell off my bars and the Roc-Loc snapped, almost leading me to weep tears of pure despair. I loved that helmet, the most comfy one I've ever had. I might try a Hex next time, but the Xen was so good (and lasted such a long time, although the outer was dented loads and the inner was cracked...) that I might just invest in one again. It worked out as being about £12-13 a year for the time I had it, which is pretty good :P

http://www.google.co.uk/products?hl=en&safe=off&q=giro+roc+loc&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=i60oTfLSE4WAhAfJuaDrAQ&sa=X&oi=mode_link&ct=mode&ved=0CBcQ_AU

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/SearchResults.aspx?Search=giro+roc+loc

Buy a new roc loc then :P

So after driving rather far to try on all the helmets I decided on getting the flux as it was most comfortable and looked the nicest, I rang up evans cycles the day before and they said they had every colour in every size in stock , theuy lied they only had the one on display, at least I tried them all on and now know what size I am, will be ordering one in whatever colour I decide now from elsewhwere.

Cheers for the opinions and help guys

Aj

I thought the hex looked bulkier, the flux is a tad heavier but I do prefer it, the hex just did not sit right on my head either, must have a weird shaped head :P , the terra was just awful feeling, so I think I made a good choice.

AJ

Which is ironic, because his order from them probably won't show up either.

Pretty much every buying experience I've had with Winstanleys has been fraught with problems, and I've heard plenty of horror stories from other people who've used them too. If you order from them, it's probably best to do it over the phone and get them to check it's in stock then if possible.