Bodge-Jobs You've Done.

Laurence--Trials

This is the only "bodge" I was proud of, Hope Mono Trial lever blade, on a Maggy 04 body, complete with TPA and lever reach adjustment:

IMGP1527.jpg

looks like a believeable prototype for the Echo Tr lever!

trued a wheel with a pen, some gaffer tape and an adjustable before now, Also took a 16" wheel off my old mini mongoose over to Halfords for a true, they said it wouldn't straighten out so I did it in my back garden with two paving slabs, for ages I was straightening my wheel on my Inspired by stomping on it when it caught on my brake; in the end I just took them off! I ran a mono trial with the reach adjuster thing wound all the way in because i snapped the end off, I've re-threaded crank arms by screwing the pedal in the wrong way and used the same technique with a stem, Im currently running an upside-down Onza stem on my fixie and a hope seatclamp with a regular sized bolt by using the cracked head of the hope bolt as a washer! I've run a spoke tensioner for a while as well. I think thats all of them!

trued a wheel with a pen, some gaffer tape and an adjustable before now, Also took a 16" wheel off my old mini mongoose over to Halfords for a true, they said it wouldn't straighten out so I did it in my back garden with two paving slabs, for ages I was straightening my wheel on my Inspired by stomping on it when it caught on my brake; in the end I just took them off! I ran a mono trial with the reach adjuster thing wound all the way in because i snapped the end off, I've re-threaded crank arms by screwing the pedal in the wrong way and used the same technique with a stem, Im currently running an upside-down Onza stem on my fixie and a hope seatclamp with a regular sized bolt by using the cracked head off of the old hope bolt as a washer! I've run a spoke tensioner for a while as well. I think thats all of them!

You sir are a true genius.

If i ever meet you i owe you a beer.

I'll take that, cheers!

You saw it here first. ;)

It was nothing special to be honest, I needed a lever for a maggy, but only had that lever blade, so spent an few hours fitting that up so I could ride. Worked fine for the few weeks I rode that bike until I got bored. I actually really liked it, because I've always preferred quite square lever blades, and for some reason it seemed to increase the mechanical advantage over a standard lever. (Effectively moved the pivot and pushrod/bolt closer together at a guess?)

Edited by Muel

not a trials related bodge... but having a ride at a local skate park and a drop out on my suspension forks completely snapped off. the wheel was only being held in on one side. so with some mates we came up with this...

IMG_2958.jpg

for all wondering.. it is a magura lever that is basically splinting the dropout, then 2 jubilee clips strapping it up, then about 6 or 7 tie-wraps just holding everything together. also i threw a little quick steel into the join, after that i wrapped it all up tight with duct tape and insulation tape.

rode on it on the jumps for around 4 hours with no problem,

ghetto as fook.

I had a new easton wheel on with a broken freewheel and easton didn't have new one avalable for months. So i bodged a hope xc freewheel onto it. Since then it has riden many training rides and three peaks xc endurance race. And still feels mint.

I have sanded loads of rust of rockshox dart fork legs to get them working again.

I have a ten year old Hayes nine brake I unseazed back to new condition, with o ring oil .

And a quick bleed.

I bent tons of rims back from dead by jumping on them. Never at work thou always out riding for emergencys.

A mate of mine is welding genius he helped me turn a 20" giant reign into a 14" with long toptube . Was such a good freeride rig

• 3 weeks later...

if you strip a maggie mount put the bolt all the way in and put cable ties/ zip ties round the frame and clamps to hold the mounts tight well smile.gif always carry round some cable ties when u go out on your bike you never know when they will save your days riding smile.gif

naa take jubillee clips to clamp the brakes down :)

All Ive done i has been mentioned really, but Im not really one for bodging things.

Ive used a longer bolt and spacer to reach better threads in a mag mount, and used zip ties to hold my tensioner tight.

I also made a new spring for my Ozonys' tensioner using an old spoke, but I dont know whether to class it as a bodge or a necessary improvement, which it did. Massively.

All Ive done i has been mentioned really, but Im not really one for bodging things.

Ive used a longer bolt and spacer to reach better threads in a mag mount, and used zip ties to hold my tensioner tight.

I also made a new spring for my Ozonys' tensioner using an old spoke, but I dont know whether to class it as a bodge or a necessary improvement, which it did. Massively.

Boring!