Japan Earthquake/tsunami

omgnoseat

What the flying f**k are you ladies on about?

Dave is our resident conspiracist, he probably thinks the earthquake was set off by a NWO group or something like that to try and make the USA a superpower.

From what I've seen of it though it does look pretty apocalyptic. With the water, then the fire and the roads breaking in half. Even seeing people running and slabs of concrete running were they'd just been.

Although, I'm curious to actually live in that situation to see what it's like from a first person perspective, in the same way people (people like me) plan what they'd do in the event of a zombie take over.

From what I've seen of it though it does look pretty apocalyptic. With the water, then the fire and the roads breaking in half. Even seeing people running and slabs of concrete running were they'd just been.

Although, I'm curious to actually live in that situation to see what it's like from a first person perspective, in the same way people (people like me) plan what they'd do in the event of a zombie take over.

Apocalypse mean lift veil when directly translated just thought Id chuck that in for the conspiracy dudes.

I was watching this and the tv (near to when it first happened) was showing a nuclear power station and then there was a massive flash of light and it cut to another scene.

I turned to my bird and said did you see that it f**kin blew!

Turns out it has by new accounts.

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad shit.

For the conspiracy theorists: Did they put a nuclear device in the ocean bed to help a weakspot in the fault to speed things along? the radiation would certainly be covered up eh :giggle:

Edited by Matt Vandart

Absolutely horrific. Aside from how people in Japan are going to carry on, I wonder what the economical impact is going to be. Japan wasn't very well off and it now seems that their export is going to drop significantly because of the damage to production plants. Another rather nasty issue is insurance companies which are actually insured in case of such an event. This probably means that we'll all be paying the price for what's happened. Not that I mind, we should all pitch in and help but I'm a bit worried about what might happen. It could be a trigger of some sort, just like the LB bank collapse was in 2008.

I'm really drunk and really happy, but I feel quite guilty actually - seems wrong that I'm having so much fun when there's other people in the world suffering so bad. If it was possible for me to help I really would, it's such a terrible event for them to be enduring.

I have Japanese customers at work, yesterday I emailed my contacts over there offering my condolences and I haven't heard anything yet - I genuinely hope they're ok. As much as they can be pains in the asses, they're pretty cool people and I wouldn't wish this kinda thing on anyone. The footage was unreal, like a film with CGI :(

Fingers crossed the death toll is as low as possible and they can resume normal life ASAP - I don't think we can imagine that kind of devastation, we moan about a bit of rain but really we're incredibly lucky with weather over here. After being very ill and seeing stuff like this, I'm really grateful for the life I have - any issues I have really are minor compared.

Drunken ramble maybe, but it's all stuff I really mean, just comes out as bollocks after a beer or 12.

This is one of the only times I can't joke about - normally I make light of any bad situation but this one is just too harsh.

I'm not judging those making jokes, but this has hit me pretty hard really. It's by far the worst natural disaster I've ever seen!

Dave is our resident conspiracist, he probably thinks the earthquake was set off by a NWO group or something like that to try and make the USA a superpower.

Ah I see. No doubt there is "evidence" to support these theories as well.

Find transport, find parents, find friends, go to the pub and wait for it to blow over.

I heard it was a real eye opener...

...sorry.

The Japan jokes just keep flooding in

I am also sorry

It's ok Japan, I can never find my house after 18 aftershocks either.

I'm sorry three, catch you in hell Dan.

This is one of the only times I can't joke about - normally I make light of any bad situation but this one is just too harsh.

I'm not judging those making jokes, but this has hit me pretty hard really. It's by far the worst natural disaster I've ever seen!

I am, and you are very wrong people.

Edit: I have edited this message purely because it was too offensive.

Edited by Matt Vandart

Chill yo ass down Matt, this is the internet. If you can't hack banter, you're in the wrong place.

EDIT: You'd never get warned for that, it's circumstantial. I've said far worse in the past.

Edited by Muel

I am, and you are very wrong people.

Edit: I have edited this message purely because it was too offensive.

I know they sound a bit harsh, but it's not like we're completely detracting the seriousness of the situation. Just attempting to put a bit of humour in something that does depress me. I've never found holocaust jokes funny, but I have heard and read tonnes of them and I'd bet that almost all of the people making those jokes don't think of the holocaust as a good thing.

When that nuclear plant eventually goes boom if it does, thats when shit really gets real. Its not just that one on high alert, its sister the no.2 plant is aswell

EDIT: after skim reading This Sounds as if the cooling equiment for the reactor is fecked, which is what happened at chernobyl...

EDIT 2: Also says there are predictions of another quake of atleast magnitude 6 in the next few days (N)

Edited by dirt jumper jake