Japan Earthquake/tsunami

omgnoseat

Pretty sure everyone heard by now. For those who didn't:

An insanely intense earthquake hit the Northern Coast of Japan on March 11, 2011 at rush hour, causing a huge tsunami.The massive 8.9 earthquake happened at rush hour Friday, causing a massive tsunami that was watched live by millions around the world as it happened. Aftershocks rocked Japan, the largest being a 7.4.

Here are some impressive(ly sad) pictures i've found:

http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2011/03/massive_earthquake_hits_japan.html

So very sad to see, amazing how these disasters always feel unexpected while we know that they're always lurking.

Yeah, those f**king governments causing earthquakes. Who the f**k is The Man to think he can create natural disasters without our say so?

But yeah, seems like sour buzz over there. Seeing all the footage/photos so far makes it seem pretty bleak for the future...

http://www.channel4.com/news/explosion-at-nuclear-plant-following-japan-tsunami

Neither have blown up. One has had an explosion, which has blown the roof off but the inner bit appears to be structurally OK, but they've detected Cesium-137, which could mean bad times.

A second reactor a few miles away is having cooling troubles.

Edited by Muel

Been watching it all day. Pretty crazy. The state of a couple of nuclear power plants is a little worrying though.

I heard they were thinking of flooding it. It's old and knackered anyway, trying to save it is worthless.

However, if it does blow up, we're nice and far away from Japan so none of us will get radiation poisioning. I hope.

Edited by Revolver

Personally I think the Mayans thought, 'f**k it, we'll make the calendar up until 2012, we'll probably get round to doing some more by then'.

However, if hell comes to earth next year, well, I'm a sucker for a bandwagon so I think I'll join in and break stuff.

Personally I think the Mayans thought, 'f**k it, we'll make the calendar up until 2012, we'll probably get round to doing some more by then'.

However, if hell comes to earth next year, well, I'm a sucker for a bandwagon so I think I'll join in and break stuff.

You'd be the first person to die.

edit: That sounded so sadistic.

Edited by dann2707

I believe that the end of 'the' Mayan calendar is equivocal to us reaching December 31st on our calendars. Literally no biggie.