Manufacturer Profile: Atomz' Christian Gugliotta

TrashZen

Hey!!!

Some weeks ago, I got the chance to chat for several hours with Atomz'maker, Christian Gugliotta. :rolleyes:

What I can tell is that he is a very interesting chap with plenty of interesting views on the bike trials industry. (Y)

Check out this very long and rather telling interview...

Go to bike-trials.trashzen.com for a full flavour read. :shifty:

And by the way, any of you guys want to share your oldies for the bike trials evolution project... send me your pics.

Cheers

Edited by TrashZen

the bits about "best customer service possible" (completely ignoring problems with bikes he has sent in the past) and having the bikes "tuned ready to ride from the box" (sending through axle forks with regular wheels, brakes that don't fit/are not bled etc) made me giggle. but I do agree with his points about competitions and some of the safety points he was making.

the bits about "best customer service possible" (completely ignoring problems with bikes he has sent in the past) and having the bikes "tuned ready to ride from the box" (sending through axle forks with regular wheels, brakes that don't fit/are not bled etc) made me giggle. but I do agree with his points about competitions and some of the safety points he was making.

hi Ali... As in all interviews, you get the interviewee's side of the story, and I am no judge because I am not in the retail business.

Interesting counterpoint though. ^_^

It must have been irritating, though sometimes I guess its down to who you delegate to. Very annoying at times (when you feel you got to do everything yourself)

Edited by TrashZen

A bit OT I know but is there gonna be any new Trashzen T shirts coming out anytime soon or are you just selling off the old stock??

Really fancied one of the anniversary ones but my size has sold out!

For info, the retroreflective Ts were a one-off and are only available in medium for the few I have left.

You'll have to wait another 10 years for a new batch :giggle:

To be fair, if you are a customer, Christian/Atomz treat you very well. Maybe they are not that good dealing with dealers.

But clearly Atomz have big issues with the "dealing process".

And i'm pretty sure they know it.

However, as i said, they have a great customer "service", i had some issues with a hub, and they replaced it without any arguments or so.

And here, every customers with some issues have been treated very well.

"Dealers" are "customers" though. I don't just mean strictly in the sense of dealers are buying items from Atomz, and are therefore a customer of Atomz, but every shop that sells an Atomz bike or product to a customer is therefore the link between that customer and Atomz themselves. If there's an issue with a product, or something's not right, then the chain of communication is customer->dealer->Atomz, so if Atomz aren't working well with dealers then it's still going to have a knock-on effect to customers.

Hey!!!

Some weeks ago, I got the chance to chat for several hours with Atomz'maker, Christian Gugliotta. :rolleyes:

What I can tell is that he is a very interesting chap with plenty of interesting views on the bike trials industry. (Y)

Check out this very long and rather telling interview...

Go to bike-trials.trashzen.com for a full flavour read. :shifty:

And by the way, any of you guys want to share your oldies for the bike trials evolution project... send me your pics.

Cheers

Interesting read...

As a side note, I wasn't bothered when it was still alive but now I've snapped it it'd be nice to have my Echo ES4 attributed to the right person - not sure who the random is who's written near it now but it was definitely my bike (Y)

"Dealers" are "customers" though. I don't just mean strictly in the sense of dealers are buying items from Atomz, and are therefore a customer of Atomz, but every shop that sells an Atomz bike or product to a customer is therefore the link between that customer and Atomz themselves. If there's an issue with a product, or something's not right, then the chain of communication is customer->dealer->Atomz, so if Atomz aren't working well with dealers then it's still going to have a knock-on effect to customers.

Yes of course.

But being french it is quite easy to reach christian/atomz. So it is quite easy too, to get problems solved.

But i guess being abroad it is not that easy.

And clearly dealing products and communication are not Atomz's strong suit.

But i'm not sure they are unscrupulous or something as some people tend to pretend here.

But maybe i'm wrong.

Interesting read...

As a side note, I wasn't bothered when it was still alive but now I've snapped it it'd be nice to have my Echo ES4 attributed to the right person - not sure who the random is who's written near it now but it was definitely my bike (Y)

Fixed... (Y) I must have received it from someone else... or maybe my mistake. Otherwise, I would normally refer the pics to whoever posted their pic on the forum or sent them directly to me.

Fixed... (Y) I must have received it from someone else... or maybe my mistake. Otherwise, I would normally refer the pics to whoever posted their pic on the forum or sent them directly to me.

You're only human :) Cheers for swapping it.