Define 'Trials Rider'

dave33

Hahaha, how appropriate :P

We all ride trials bikes, therefore we are trials riders if you want to pigeon-hole anyone.

And anyway, seeing as i ride a 24" with a seat and according to your simply impeccable logic aren't a trials rider, what does that make me? I NEED TO BE CATEGORISED!

C U N T is all i can say to you...

Excellent. And I can do it without the spaces, CUNT.

Wow, it really does make me feel like a big man, I can see why you did it now...

For the record, I don't ride a 24. I wouldn't mind having a quarter of the skill Danny has though, and nor would a lot of 'real' trials riders.

• Like 1

Hahaha, how appropriate :P

We all ride trials bikes, therefore we are trials riders if you want to pigeon-hole anyone.

And anyway, seeing as i ride a 24" with a seat and according to your simply impeccable logic aren't a trials rider, what does that make me? I NEED TO BE CATEGORISED!

Categorization is imperative.

Matt, I don't mind what label myself and other go under for the type of bikes being ridden, I call myself a trials rider because the most of my riding falls under that category. the thing that grinds my gears is when I see people claim that they are the proper trials riders and people like Danny are almost cast as outsiders.

What I want to know is when was the decision made about who or what makes a rider a proper trials rider or a fake one? It seems to be a pretty recent development, perhaps people never saw trials when people were winning comps on bikes with seats and gears?

Lets talk about the Trials kings.....were they trials riders? I am pretty sure most (everyone?) would say yes despite the fact they hardly rode comps and were doing spins, manuals, stoppies, x-ups etc way before people had heard of Mr Macaskill or 24" bikes.

Another thing I notice is that a lot of comp riders (especially the Euro guys) can be seen doing things like one handers when on the back wheel, crank flips and stuff when messing around, why is that acceptable and a tailwhip not?

Like I said, I don't mind what label we are, but will the people who think trials is only comp riding with no seats please stop acting like you are more legit than the rest of us.

Anyway, some of the street skills pay off in comps, take the last world champs for example, the sections had kickers in them, Gilles is an amazing rider, but he couldn't ride the kickers for shit. Kenny on the other hand rides street as well as comps, has a much more rounded riding style and crushed Gilles that day. When is a particular skill on a bike not worth having? When should a rider think "I have learned enough moves, I don't need to learn any more"? Trials is a challenge, the moment you stop wanting to learn new stuff is the moment you are failing to be a trials rider.

• Like 1

Excellent. And I can do it without the spaces, CUNT.

Wow, it really does make me feel like a big man, I can see why you did it now...

For the record, I don't ride a 24. I wouldn't mind having a quarter of the skill Danny has though, and nor would a lot of 'real' trials riders.

Well done would you like a medal?

Your boring me.... Zzzzzz

Well done would you like a medal?

Your boring me.... Zzzzzz

Really? You call someone a fanny, they call you a fanny back with better grammar and you get defensive? I can't understand you're logic so i shall instead trsut in the fact that you are an unintelligent, moronic f**k.

To bore you a little further it's "you're" not "your" just in case you want to insult others in future then get annoyed when they respond.

Animal would hate you!

Edited by Matthew62

Really? You call someone a fanny, they call you a fanny back with better grammar and you get defensive? I can't understand you're logic so i shall instead trsut in the fact that you are an unintelligent, moronic f**k.

To bore you a little further it's "you're" not "your" just in case you want to insult others in future then get annoyed when they respond.

Oh no he didn't!

• Like 3

Oh yes i did!

Copy and paste gone very wrong!

:mellow:

Oh dear.

Excuse me while i leave to force my blubbery legs in to some compression clothing and take a dremmel to my carbon/magnesium blend spokes whilst silently wimpering in to my empty soul....

Edited by Matthew62

Animal would hate you!

OH REALLY! How lovely... Matthew please get to know me before you judge me... That way you can avoid any future embarresment on yourself ;)

kthanksbye

OH REALLY! How lovely... Matthew please get to know me before you judge me... That way you can avoid any future embarresment on yourself ;)

kthanksbye

That works both ways though ;)

I'm also interested as to how you guys would classify the type of riding Ali/Danny do. For all the "it's just BMX" comments that videos seem to get it's certainly closer to trials so it'd be good to hear your side of things in a decent, structured fashion.

kthanksbye

Let's get this straight... You came in here and made a sweeping generalisation about what does or doesn't class someone as a 'real' trials rider. Then I made an equally stupid generalisation that really all comp riders take it up the bum. Then you called me a cunt. Now you're saying that people are wrong to judge you as an arsehole?

Get the point. You're making rules and treating them as reality, just as Ben said earlier in the thread. They aren't. I think I'm a trials rider, therefore I am. You do too, therefore you are. Topic over?