Define 'Trials Rider'

dave33

Yep, actually just off street riding at 5 mainly because any good natural spots are bit far away, never know I may try some manuals later

Get some G-turns in too!

By the way, for the people that thinks he is saying this because he cant do 'Danny Mac' stuff, Dave can manual and 180 and sh*t with the best of them and that's on a long and low 'real' trials bike not a 24 incher, would love to see what he can do on an inspired or sommit.

I have found that you can point out any line and he will nail it and throw in some spinny shit and manuals if he's in the mood.

To the people that got a bit shitty he also helps alot of younger riders (and myself) to learn stuff and promotes the sport very well indeed.

I know of at least 15 kids that he has enthused enough for them to take up trials and that is in Carmarthen alone.

He is very dedicated to trials, has massive skills and is one of the most determined people I know in any sport he gets into and IMO a very underrated rider.

Dave, you say you think my type of riding isn't trials....what would you say it is? It's been a while since we rode together and you last saw me on my seatless comp bike, sure my bike now has a seat and a shorter wheelbase, but do you really think I have stopped doing trialsy stuff completely? Sure I do a few things that are directly ripped from bmx, but 90% of what I do is still traditional trialsy stuff.

Also you only answered 1 of my questions (and others have ignored them completely).

I preffered your riding when you did traditional trials moves and competed :( , do you think you'll ever move back to comp riding and get back on a bike with no seat? or is street bashing just to fun ;)

I preffered your riding when you did traditional trials moves and competed :( , do you think you'll ever move back to comp riding and get back on a bike with no seat? or is street bashing just to fun ;)

Ali can and still does a load of compy moves. We rode Shipley a few weekends ago and he's definitely not lost anything. Doing elite routes pretty comfortably, considering he's on a streetier bike rather than a comp setup. If you're a good rider with experience you can pretty much ride anything well - there are a lot of riders out there who prove that.

Ali can and still does a load of compy moves. We rode Shipley a few weekends ago and he's definitely not lost anything. Doing elite routes pretty comfortably, considering he's on a streetier bike rather than a comp setup. If you're a good rider with experience you can pretty much ride anything well - there are a lot of riders out there who prove that.

Fair point Mark, and I have no doubt Ali is still one of the best riders in the uk if he were to compete in a comp right now. but imagine what he would be capable of if he had a bike with suitable geometry for that style of riding and also a lighter bike.

Fair point Mark, and I have no doubt Ali is still one of the best riders in the uk if he were to compete in a comp right now. but imagine what he would be capable of if he had a bike with suitable geometry for that style of riding and also a lighter bike.

What's the point in even imagining? We've seen what he can do, and he rides what he likes to do. Surely that's all there is to it? Why would you want someone to ride in a way they don't want to? Plus, if you want to watch a comp style rider, then go and watch one.

What's the point in even imagining? We've seen what he can do, and he rides what he likes to do. Surely that's all there is to it? Why would you want someone to ride in a way they don't want to? Plus, if you want to watch a comp style rider, then go and watch one.

I have watched many a comp video. but I'am just saying I personally prefer the way Ali C used to ride opposed to the way he does now, and if he wants to ride that way then fair enough he's very good at it.

I just simply asked if he thinks he would ever return to comp riding :shifty:

Edited by koxxboy14

Its because you dont measure your sidehops ali...

Dave you narrow minded douche are you genuinely trying to say that Ali is not an athlete? Hes one of the few riders who manages to compete, win, and have fun at the same time. He takes his riding just as seriously as everybody else. and over the years has become one of the uks best riders.

Your like a 1950s male who stuck in his ways and disregards change.

(rimming over/)

lol so is dave one of the best riders in the uk lmao