Define 'Trials Rider'

dave33

Dave, you say you think my type of riding isn't trials....what would you say it is? It's been a while since we rode together and you last saw me on my seatless comp bike, sure my bike now has a seat and a shorter wheelbase, but do you really think I have stopped doing trialsy stuff completely? Sure I do a few things that are directly ripped from bmx, but 90% of what I do is still traditional trialsy stuff.

Also you only answered 1 of my questions (and others have ignored them completely).

Ali I have never said your not a trials rider? As I said I used wrong wording!!

I think we all need to agree to disagree on this one!

As long as your enjoying then that's the main thing!!

We both know that we arnt twats in real life and have had some good rides, as Matt put it I'm off to fight that tyre fold

Dave, you say you think my type of riding isn't trials....what would you say it is? It's been a while since we rode together and you last saw me on my seatless comp bike, sure my bike now has a seat and a shorter wheelbase, but do you really think I have stopped doing trialsy stuff completely? Sure I do a few things that are directly ripped from bmx, but 90% of what I do is still traditional trialsy stuff.

Also you only answered 1 of my questions (and others have ignored them completely).

Ali I have never said your not a trials rider? As I said I used wrong wording!!

I think we all need to agree to disagree on this one!

As long as your enjoying then that's the main thing!!

We both know that we arnt twats in real life and have had some good rides, as Matt put it I'm off to fight that tyre fold

Ali I have never said your not a trials rider?

I think Ali might've been misinterpreting this:

Ali I pretty much agree with most of that, but when I said real trials rider as in competes in comps I didnt say you gotta film them and by the way people who ride like you and Danny arnt trials riders!!!

...specifically the end bit, where it sort of looks like you're saying that. Reading it back you might not have meant it like that.

Lol, but Danny Mac doesn't do trials does he?

Stop just stop now :angry:

getting bored of reading through endless pages. by the time I wake up there will be about 2 more pages.

please can we just stop now. or rather than the language cant we use emoticons like this Innocent :badger:

Edited by F.N.G

4af2cfc7_8693_44bc.jpg

Sorry I couldn't help myself............

On a more serious note, someone like koxx or monty should develop a light kinda like those ones for detecting moody money that you can shine onto people to see if they are really real trials riders or homosexual arab singleparent habib wearing transexual black men.

Edited by Matt Vandart

But you have never rode a demo right ?

Thinking about it yea I do put 100% effort in to do the side hop comp part, 0ther wise there's no way I'm going to clear 120 cms!!

Yeah,i rode a couple,was even in mbuk in the first hop idol competition,to be honest,i wasn't all that good,so i always tried my hardest. You said you always put maximum effort in on sidehops,pushing your limits and trying to clear an obstacle? Pardon me but is that not the same thing. I hope you do help riders in the comp scene,but with this attitude you'd be a virus killing peoples interest as,franky,its snobbery, and only snobs like snobs,and that's the last thing the sport needs!

Martyn Ashton doesn't really compete in traditional trials comps much anymore, rides a lot of demos, carries a 'streety' style to a lot of his riding, and made a certain (awesomely entertaining!) instructional VHS with Hans Rey and Martin Hawyes yeeears back that helped me and many many others understand 'Trials' better whilst learning how to do the basics.

I still consider all three to be (great) trials riders even though they don't do comps much anymore, or ride other disciplines and blend it into something they think works well for them.

I think I'm a trials rider, therefore I am. You do too, therefore you are.

Beat me to it! :angel:

I think Ali might've been misinterpreting this:

...specifically the end bit, where it sort of looks like you're saying that. Reading it back you might not have meant it like that.

Ah yes, looks like I read it the wrong way, I apologise and take back my comments made thereafter.