Otn Find, Phat Carbon Frame, Replaceable Tubes.

Laurence--Trials

lmao and some people wonder why trials is dead you may aswell just do parkour in a carbon fibre suit and go all out stupid, all people care about these days is how much weight they can save and how small the frame can get no matter how stupid they look *sigh*

What like the phase downhillers went through a few years ago wearing all in one lycra catsuits and taking the peaks off their helmets to shave off a few tenths of a second!

Its not just Trials where people go to silly lengths to make something/someone faster/lighter. But like has been said trials NEEDS innovation so thisframe could be good news if Mike has done his sums right!

Lighter = higher/further siddles/gaps. Lower = More tuckage fo siddles/gaps etc. Explain to me how that makes trials dead, yes? In my book thats forward Progress...

bigger doesnt make you better if its the bike thats making it easier

and sorry lads but this is a forum and not everyone has to hump the leg of the thread all opinions are allowed, i hate all modern frame im not hating on this in particualar i give props from a design point of view i just dont like it

Edited by old'scoolfool

I like the concept but the rest i'm just not sure how it will work.If adjustability is one of the main selling points it needs more revision. Take for example the chainstays.Replace these with shorter or longer then you change the angles of the seatstays,by doing that then you end up with an issue as to how the tubes fit in the clamps. It set off like a chain reaction of problems.The clamping of the carbon tubes too,I think if an insert was at the ends of the tubes it'd work.

I think if the above problems were sorted you'd have a hellishly good comp frame with the ability to tune it for specific terrain.Hellish!

Sounds like you're missing the point.

The idea is, if you break a tube, you swap it, and if you want to change the geometry, you have means to.

I can't see how it's possible to change the geometry by just installing shorter/longer tubes. You'd need to replace the connecting bits too which essentially means replacing most of the frame.

Ok, correct me if I'm wrong but if that frame would make it into production, surely it would not be light. So I'm not sure weight could be a selling point, especially with all the light Koxx's and the recent 1.2kg Echo stock frame. Frames in trials are getting more and more disposable - ride it a bit, break it, get something else.

I'm all for this design and find all the negativity in this topic rather juvenile - if you guys don't like progress and innovation then just stick with the Pure frame which is essentially a few straight tubes welded together. But if it weren't for people who are trying to make something new you'd still be grinding the seat clamps off your so called trials frames.

I can't see how it's possible to change the geometry by just installing shorter/longer tubes. You'd need to replace the connecting bits too which essentially means replacing most of the frame.

Curved tubes ;)

I've been watching this all through the design and build stages. This is in the prototype stage and a massive amount of effort has been put in on mikes part to follow this idea through and just try something new. The quoted picture is a late stage render and mk1 is very similar to it. Although i won't give away all the surprises, i'll say it is something i'm quite looking forward to seeing rolled out.

I'm sure mike will drop in at some point to answer some questions.

It's good to see that all the surveys and questions Mike has been asking on here are actually leading to something real and not just a pipedream. Also good to see some of the things people have suggested getting tried out!

Pretty awesome concept.

Would be cool to see some decent road/mtb standards coming over to trials too. Something like the Praxis Works M35/BB30 could really solve a lot of issues with standard ISIS bb systems.

Edited by ZeroMatt

I'd gladly test it! (I may still be a beginner, but not a bashy one at all) ;D Also, I'd probably buy it!( probably = price question)

Looks awesome.

:D(Y)

Edited by Hopping_Topsy

• 4 months later...