Rockman Mod With 105 Bb Rise

Sam T

It's so difficult for all you to understand they are testing new things?

The people is saying this is a shit..but, have you tested it? then how you know it if nobody has tested it before?

Maybe Rockman is doing it to know if this is a shit or not. They aren't imagining like you this is a shit, they are working to know it.

to speak is easy, to work not

Edited by G_!
  • Like 1

If you ride a bike with a +55mm BB and think, "Hmm, this is perfect for me", then try one out with a +80mm bb and think, "f**k me this thing is horrid", a 105mm bb will probably feel worse. It's a justified conclusion.

If you ride a bike with a +55mm BB and think, "Hmm, this is perfect for me", then try one out with a +80mm bb and think, "f**k me this thing is horrid", a 105mm bb will probably feel worse. It's a justified conclusion.

this is bullshit

hifi frame was hated by pretty much everyone

vinco frame wasn't that popular either

now look at all the high bb frames out there

I agree it looks like it will be awfull to ride by most of us

but maybe someday, it will be common to ride this kind of geo

as it s common now to ride a stock with a +5 bb

Look at Inspired. They're a fairly late comer to the game and have gained massive popularity for well designed bikers with the rider in mind at all times. I bought an Inspired in the first few months when they originally came out, and for some time Fourplays were pretty rare - most people hadn't heard of Inspired. Back then they just made 1 frame - nothing else. Look at them now, how do you think they've achieved this goal? Through bizarre hydro-forming, super-light throw-away bikes, rediculous geo? No, just making good bikes at honest prices in the hope of evolving the sport.

You really can't compare the likes of Rockman and Try-all with inspired though. They cater for completely different sections of the market.

They are competition orientated bikes, where seemingly 'crazy' geometry IS what is best in cometition scenario.

Ask a comp rider what bike they would most like and you can be damn sure an Inspired would be fairly near the bottom of their wish list and visa versa.

Inspired bikes are great for what they are designed for. Yes, they are much tougher than comp bikes and will outlast them every time but they are not made for the same thing. Inspired's are made to take a beating, be thrown about, endure bails and generally get abused.

You seem to be forgetting that this is not the way a competition 'bred' bike is made to be treated.

Don't like it? don't buy it.

But don't go hating and calling it 'shit for morons' just because its not what you like.

Edited by J.KYDD
  • Like 1

hifi frame was hated by pretty much everyone

That baffles me. It was one of the most hated frames around. 1085/55/72/375. The new Pure is one of the most liked frames with most people saying it rides amazingly well (i'm one of them to my surprise). The Pure is ~1093/55/72/382. I'm sorry but I do not believe that increasing the chainstay lenth by 7mm has made an awful frame into a brilliant frame.

Anyone who didn't like the HiFi and likes where the new frames are going is officially a fag.

To be fair, it's not just geo that dictates how a bike rides (although I'd say a 7mm difference to CS length was a reasonable amount. Not many people really liked the Stinger 'cos the back end was about 4ft long, but most 'normal' frames weren't a million miles shorter. Ali's Hex proto felt a lot different when the back end got chopped by 5mm too.

sorry for my bad english, but i have something to say)

Once i have a proto bike with similar bb high(1020\+100\350). It was WERY easy to bunnyhop and "sidehop from two wheels", BUT it was WERY stupid and weird to stay on the rear, or doo some gaps or other. On 2 wheels it's cool, on rear it's...i don'n like.

Edited by ENDORFIN

I like high bbs personally. its just evolution, just like "tgs" 24"s & even all the new 24" street bikes, theres nothing wrong with it. If manufacturers didnt do this sorta stuff we would still all be riding round on specialized rockhoppers with cut down seat posts and vee brakes. Dont knock it....

I like a relatively high bb on a shortish bike, I think. But I definitely think there's a limit to how high is sensible. I know you can even out the feel of high bbs with high handlebars but you're still raising the centre of gravity which reduces balance, and it will still loop out as said.

Interestingly, when I swapped between my ciguena, 1025 +25, and my because 1040 +70, getting on the back wheel was easier, but actually gapping was exactly the same.

Edit: That might have to do with me being shit.

Edited by Revolver

Ali would love to see you riding the hex in comps. you need to talk to inspired and get them to make a proper trials frame with similar geo to the hex.

the worst part with the high bb trend is that if every company follows there will not be any low bb frames on the market. I personally dont like high bb and dont really see the need for them to be so high.

Ive tried many frames all with different geos,each with a higher bbs. They dont make any difference for riding.its still a bike and you ride it the same way.

If you focus to much on the geo of your bike you never ride it to your full potention because your to busy consentrating on are your chain stays the correct length for this set up,or my bb is to high to get up this sidehop etc,etc.

to many people change there frames to keep up with the geo changes and dont get a chance to learn how there existing bike feels/handles.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...