Rockman Mod With 105 Bb Rise

Sam T

I'd like to try it.

Im pretty open to trying new geo's. I never thought anything +60 would be good for me.

Rode a +70 Ice 2, and then went back to a +55 GU ST and it was fine.

+80 Echo Lites feel good too, as does my +70 24".

So long as the bar and stem complements the rise, it should be ok.

• Like 2

The full geo:

Geometry

Wheelbase: 1000

BB: 105

Chainstay: 350

Headangle: 71.5

Rear Hub spaced at 116mm

Headtube lenght is 110mm

Disc mounts: IS type

Rear Disc Size: 160mm

Weight: 1.20kg

and from what i can work out, the original page: http://velotrial.com...новлена/

Edited by Laurence--Trials

Personally, I can't bear anything other than +70 now :P

Go on some +55 mods and they feel obscure. Go on some +90 and they feel spastic.

Maybe it's because they're not my bike and I'm a geo-nazi, or maybe +70 is just the best BB height for a mod ;)

had a few mod frames now

05 zoo python(Cnc one) not sure of bb height, think its +60

+55 09 onza blade

+50 07 echo team

+70 ( I think?) 10 rockman Austin

blade feels by far the nicest to ride, has the perfect wb at 1015, and it the lightest mod I've ever owned, at 8.4 kg. rockman felt very strange, but up on the back wheel I can see why they build them like that. makes sense. wouldnt like to ride owt higher than 70 though, doesn't in my opinion feel like it'd be nice to ride

+80 Echo Lites feel good too, as does my +70 24".

So long as the bar and stem complements the rise, it should be ok.

That last bit is true to an extent, however there are obviously limits. Even if you keep the hands/feet relationship similar, a bike is always going to ride differently with a high BB - you're still raising your centre of gravity up and that's going to affect how a bike rides. I'm still not super keen on mega high BB mod frames just because it always feels like you can't really preload for gaps and power moves like that much because it just wants to loop straight away. Mods feel pretty mong on 2 wheels at the best of times, so with you being that bit higher up again I can't really see it being great. The only benefits people talk about are it being "nice on the back wheel", but it's a mod - they're so small they're very rarely difficult to back hop. With stocks it sort of makes more sense because they're more barge-like and require a bit more heft to keep them on the back wheel, but mods are so dinky you can pretty much make them do whatever you want. For most trials riders, backhopping and being on the back wheel isn't something that they find 'hard' as such, so it doesn't make sense to compromise setup for the hard stuff by making the easy stuff easier.

From a 'taking over the world' point of view, high BB shit sells so hopefully they keep on raising it up 'til you need a step ladder (or a small wall) to get onto your bike. Just get a higher stem maaate.

• Like 1

I started trials on an onza rip 09, I think that had a pretty low bb. I got more and more into high bb bikes and I'm now comfortable around 80, I'd love to try this mod out... And if the frame was cheap enough I'd buy one myself to try, I'd be surprised if bb heights went above 120ish. I can see 105 being too high for a lot of people, but if you don't play with geometry you won't discover anything new!

• Like 1