Chainless Bmx

rathergoodpie

you see what you want to see ;)

guy has got mad skill, I saw Mark try a pretty rad wallride to nose manual the other day, I don't think it was intentional though.

Intentional or not, Mark should keep at it whilst it was still fresh in his mind.

if you were chainless you could have a peg going through your bb instead of crankarms. This would make your feet absorb shock a lot better since neither would be in front I think you could bunny hop much higher like that. Also you could run front hubs (non drive) in the back saving some more weight. But yeah eliminating crankarms, bbs and pedals would also save massive weight. If he had a freecoaster it would basically be the same I think. No point running drivetrain if you don't have a chain. Its like running a full brake set up and taking only the brake lever off your bike. As for trials... I think you could actually do a lot if you were chainless but have a brake. You could abukaba gap things but without brakes or chain not much option??

if you were chainless you could have a peg going through your bb instead of crankarms. This would make your feet absorb shock a lot better since neither would be in front I think you could bunny hop much higher like that. Also you could run front hubs (non drive) in the back saving some more weight. But yeah eliminating crankarms, bbs and pedals would also save massive weight. If he had a freecoaster it would basically be the same I think. No point running drivetrain if you don't have a chain. Its like running a full brake set up and taking only the brake lever off your bike. As for trials... I think you could actually do a lot if you were chainless but have a brake. You could abukaba gap things but without brakes or chain not much option??

I have seen the peg through the bb thing before, but at what point does a bike stop being a bike?

TRA seems to dominate chainless trials, thats gotta be a LOT harder than brakeless trials for sure!

I have seen the peg through the bb thing before, but at what point does a bike stop being a bike?

TRA seems to dominate chainless trials, thats gotta be a LOT harder than brakeless trials for sure!

that is a good point if your bike doesn't have drivetrain then its basically a scooter. I think that is the only difference between a bike and scooter.

TRA should make a chainless and brakeless video would be really interesting to see.

Edited by sayshell