Do You Feel You Have A 'period'?

JD™

54 members have voted

1. 1. Well, do you?

• Yes
    • No

Greetings jogged my memory on a theory of mine (although not just mine, I'm sure people have thought it before) about the existence of a male version of the menstrual cycle.

Obviously we don't bleed (well, I don't anyway), but I've definitely noticed regular ebbs and flows in my mood over time and I've definitely noticed it in others too. Could be completely coincidental, but there's no reason that it couldn't be true.

What do you think?

I clicked no. I do have ups and downs but I couldn't say they were in any form of cycle. I reckon, it would be pretty likely a large portion of guys in relationships experience a backlash period, where by there partners mood reflects upon them without them realising it, even perhaps when they are not together at work etc.

I think men get them in sync with their womens.

Waking up (off it):

Man: "Morning, y'alreet?"

Lass: "Aye peachy, stick the kettle on"

Man: :)

Waking up (on it):

Lass: "WHAT DID YOU WAKE ME UP FOR? WHY IS IT THAT TIME? WHY DOES YOUR FACE LOOK LIKE THAT? WHY IS THE SKY BLUE? MAKE COFFEE, BUT MAKE IT NICE THIS TIME!"

Man: :angry:

This is why being single is just better. I have spoken.

• Like 1

HAY EVERYONE, COME SEE HOW SINGLE I AM! DID I MENTION THAT I'M SINGLE? DO YOU ALL KNOW THAT BEING SINGLE IS THE BESTEST?!

Ok Sam, we get it.

EDIT: ':P' before anyone gets all sensitive

Edited by JD™
  • Like 2

Lass: "WHAT DID YOU WAKE ME UP FOR? WHY IS IT THAT TIME? WHY DOES YOUR FACE LOOK LIKE THAT? WHY IS THE SKY BLUE? MAKE COFFEE, BUT MAKE IT NICE THIS TIME!"

Thats not all women dude... sounded like you got raw deals! haha

And no I don't - every 3 months I'll crack for a day (because I'm a wreck who never lets his anger out and lets it pile up until ive had enough)

Other than that your all freeks :P

I think men get them in sync with their womens.

Waking up (off it):

Lass: "Aye peachy, stick the kettle on"

Man: :)

Waking up (on it):

Man: :angry:

This is why being single is just better. I have spoken.

In my household if my woman asked me to "stick the kettle on" i'd kick her in the teeth. Down here it's "can you grind the beans and put the cafetiere on" and i'm always only too happy to oblige.

• Like 4

In my household if my woman asked me to "stick the kettle on" i'd kick her in the teeth. Down here it's "can you grind the beans and put the cafetiere on" and i'm always only too happy to oblige.

If I wanted a signature, that'd be it. Funny on multiple levels, whether you were going for it or not. Bravo.

My post above was about as serious as all my posts on here. The ex was nothing like that. :P

EDIT: Just noticed how many posts I've done about the whole deal, maybe I'll stop now...

Edited by Muel

If you live with your Mrs or maybe even still with your mum, When Aunt Flow comes to stay everyone knows how shitty the moods can become.

When my Mrs is in a shitty mood it puts me in one. it's a 'period' of time I don't look forward too.

Edit: pretty much a less humourous version of What Muel said. Only just noticed it on the scroll back up.

Edited by Luke Dunstan

If I wanted a signature, that'd be it. Funny on multiple levels, whether you were going for it or not. Bravo.

idea stolen! :lol:

also, i voted no i don't feel like i have a period because i get in a mood when something goes wrong and so its pretty random.

It wouldn't count for me as I am skyzophrenic and paranoid, so I didn't vote.

[Right, I was going to delete the below and just not reply, but I figured I'd taken the time to write it so I should hit the reply button. For that reason I'd like it to be taken with a pinch of salt - I almost let my morality stop me. Almost]

What is it with people who have this sort of shit and having to get a megaphone and shout it out? I mean that seriously - is it your illness that makes you write that, or is it because you are helping yourself make excuses for the fact you don't have an opinion worth sharing?

I'm paranoid, it's a human trait - a safety mechanism. Be proud of it and let it help you make your decision, rather than using it as an inhibitor.

EDIT: Hell, just vote in your current personality and then reply back with your answer when you're in any of your others and I'll just add them into the results...

Edited by JD™

[Right, I was going to delete the below and just not reply, but I figured I'd taken the time to write it so I should hit the reply button. For that reason I'd like it to be taken with a pinch of salt - I almost let my morality stop me. Almost]

What is it with people who have this sort of shit and having to get a megaphone and shout it out? I mean that seriously - is it your illness that makes you write that, or is it because you are helping yourself make excuses for the fact you don't have an opinion worth sharing?

I'm paranoid, it's a human trait - a safety mechanism. Be proud of it and let it help you make your decision, rather than using it as an inhibitor.

EDIT: Hell, just vote in your current personality and then reply back with your answer when you're in any of your others and I'll just add them into the results...

All I can see in that post is that you watch too many movies about skyzophrenia and you don't know what it really is. Have a nice evening.