Red Bull Street Light Sessions

Rago muffin

When everyone rushed over to the big step up and people went in to the riding area I got told to go back when all the other people were allowed to go through.

Yeah he more or less grabbed me and pushed me back but I wasn't having it. Appreciated security's presence and all but I had a booking to ride at 8:30 and was told that I couldn't ride because they'd already let in too many latecomers. I had to kick off to the red bull staff which kind of ruined the whole vibe of the evening.

It was a great event and really well facilitated. Can't believe how many spectators there were, especially as it was pissing down and fairly out the way of the city centre. Great to see a range of really young to some older guys having a go. Seems like everyone had a great time.

Let's get it back next year and stick it right in the centre of town!

Ali congrats on the win. God knows how you managed a flip off that tiny kicker!!

When everyone rushed over to the big step up and people went in to the riding area I got told to go back when all the other people were allowed to go through.

So was I, I just went round and underneath for a better view :)

Wasa cracking event yet again!

Had an absolute blast at this event and as Ali says...I'd hope to see some very similar events next year if possible!! Maybe a summer version thought...'moonlight sessions'.

The rain didn't dampen spirits at all! Great to see Ali rip the place apart, me ol' mucker Ross showcasing some of his ability, and mr Cooke tear it up brakeless! Oh and a wee mention for Shrewsbury who blasted out a sweet 180 line at the end. Loved that!!

I felt like I had a bit of a shocker overall! The fall is hurting more now than it did yesterday! Hopefully it will look sweet on camera! And I really do hope they throw it into the official video. Got the line in the end and wS super pleased to blast up the massive kicker!!

Massive thanks to Danny / Martyn / all the red bull gang and everyone who turned up to watch. Id have given up after the fall if it wasn't for everyone watching and the other 'pros' spurring me on to keep going!!

Thanks again guys!!! Ps...jaegermeister, dissarano and coke, more jaeger and then a red wine isn't a very good combo!!

Thanks again guys!!! Ps...jaegermeister, dissarano and coke, more jaeger and then a red wine isn't a very good combo!!

Haha, yeah, going out with those dudes was an experience...

Was cool to see you keep sticking to those lines dude, could see it meant a lot to you which is pretty much what it was all about (Y) Your fall was one of the most amazing things I've seen in person...

EDIT: Whenever I've looked at my Facebook page today it's been riders adding riders who they met yesterday - cool to see stuff like that after an event :)

The rain didn't dampen spirits at all! Great to see Ali rip the place apart, me ol' mucker Ross showcasing some of his ability, and mr Cooke tear it up brakeless! Oh and a wee mention for Shrewsbury who blasted out a sweet 180 line at the end. Loved that!!

Same thoughts Ben.

That was so much fun. So buzzed on the drive home thinking of all the lines everyone did. Ali was ripping it. Got worried at one point as the 2ft kicker came out in the rain for a Mr Clarkson Flip. CRAZY.

Did anyone spot Matt Awrkright knocking out some ridiculous side hops near the entrance during session times.

Nice one Mac, Ashton and Red Bull street light team. Fingers crossed there are some more of these.

Just got home - What an event!!

I was seriously outclassed and having a dodgy night after the 2nd session (no food during the night and living on red bull was a baaad choice!) But what an amazing event to be a part of, everybody was riding sooo sick! Was really cool to meet everyone/catch up with people after a long time (think its been about 2 years since i saw Ali, and about 5 years since i saw akkers! crazy)

Huge thank you to everyone who helped organise it,all the red bull staff, the riders everyone who turned up for the taster session and to watch.

Same again soon!!

Rain didn't matter people still rode pretty big and everyone looked like they were having a good time. Didn't ride myself but my girlfriend rode one of the taster sessions on an Inspired. She got tutorials off Martyn Ashton and Danny Mac and she's still completely buzzing about it! :D

She was awsome, some serious skills on a bike!

I was coaching her while James the MC was drawing all attention to her and pileing the pressure on while she done that balence beem line- it worked though!

Edited by Scotty Evil1

Well that was amazing!

Many thanks to Danny, Martyn and everyone else involved in making it happen.

I got far too excited - like a kid after 10 bags of Haribo - and crashed out almost straight away. Oh well, despite wrecking my hand (again!) and not being able to ride in subsequent sessions I had a brilliant time. (Many thanks to Kennys smooth talking in appeasing the security guards and getting us in to ride in the first place).

I only realised this in hind sight: but for me one of the most amazing and enjoyable things of the whole evening was the complete absence of egos.

It was such a great atmosphere and a facilitative environment for all abilities to learn and push themselves.

Jon, from Inspired, asked me to coach for a bit and experiencing the psych of taster sessions first hand was great. Such a broad age range of people were having a wonderful time on trials bikes, learning new skills and buzzing from the experience.

Inspired went to a lot of effort to make that happen and it was good to see it pay off as a new set of riders were inspired (no pun intended) to get involved with our sport.

I really loved overhearing excited riders comments too: "I just spoke to Danny Mac" or "Ashton just taught me a new trick"

Fantastic to hang out with everyone again and I'm definitely hoping there will be many more of these in the future!

thumbsupanim.gif

Peace

Barlow

------------

EDIT:

Erm... I somehow managed to write a post about Street Light Sessions without mentioning this...

The standard of the demo riding was AMAZING! Jaw dropping goodness all-round. Thanks for the inspiration.

Edited by mintsauce
  • Like 1