Red Bull Street Light Sessions

Rago muffin

was really looking forward to this but as usual the great british weather f**ks everything haha

Know what pal, didn't make a difference with the rain. It was crackin' ! Might be having a little ride in the centre tomorrow if you're about?

Rain didn't matter people still rode pretty big and everyone looked like they were having a good time. Didn't ride myself but my girlfriend rode one of the taster sessions on an Inspired. She got tutorials off Martyn Ashton and Danny Mac and she's still completely buzzing about it! :D

Rain didn't matter people still rode pretty big and everyone looked like they were having a good time. Didn't ride myself but my girlfriend rode one of the taster sessions on an Inspired. She got tutorials off Martyn Ashton and Danny Mac and she's still completely buzzing about it! :D

If tyour girlfriend is who I think she was, she dominated that balance beam in the end!

In Red Bull bar tabs news, Jagermeister.

That took some typing.

Was still a really good day apart from getting lost on the way in.. Wish i had of signed up for a taster, i wasent gonna do it without Jim though and i thought the course would be un rideable by the likes of me... Still had a good street ride, this little old lady stopped and watched me for about 20mins clapping at me when i got on the memorial wall.. :S never had that before.

HA! JIM fell in a fountain cocky twat!

Not spoiling it for anyone but the £500 winner deffo deserved it pulled out all the best stuff!

Edited by ch@v3tt3

In case people were waiting for the official video or something?

Really enjoyed the event (and stuff afterwards). Hope more stuff like that happens in future! Was really cool seeing so many younger riders out on the Inspired bikes towards the end of the night just trying to learn new things. Could see them progressing. Kept seeing people getting given direct tuition from Martyn while riding an Inspired and wishing I'd had that opportunity when I started out!

that was Adam Moorewood, that kid has some serious skills!

The event was a great success I think, the atmosphere was great, riders seemed to be feeding off each other which is great to see. The weather sucked but I didn't care and neither did all the people who came and had a go themselves, or watched, thanks for coming along!

The course itself was pretty nuts, everything was pretty big, I am surprised health and safety let Redbull use the location, but I am glad they did!

As Mark said, the level of riding by the people riding the Inspireds was very high! Martyn said that he felt a bit un-needed as everyone was already pretty good. It was nuts seeing the progression throughout the night too.

More next year?

Prize couldn't've gone to anyone else without making a mockery of the whole thing, in my opinion.

...Apart from Ben Travis, for sheer dedication :lol:

Good event to watch, shame about the weather though.

I'd quite like it if there was a parallel event running that were the Streetlight TGS/Tech sessions to accommodate the more "trialsy" trials riders. It was pretty much just ramps... I know it's a Danny Mac event and all that, but say Tunnicliffe or someone got backing from Monster/Relentless to do one representing the other side of trials.

Wasn't very much there for people without a seat (excluding Jack Meek).

It's not really a problem, but I couldn't help feeling that it gave over the impression to the newbies that trials IS Inspired. Kind of a misrepresentation when thinking of statistics. Street trials riders are the minority compared with "trials" trials riders.

Also, the MC seemed to be saying that if you didn't ride an Inspired you're a comp rider. And Jeez - stop saying "skatepark rules". We get it!

Martyn might of felt helpless but for me just the fact i was on my bike and he was watching ME was amazing...I dont mean any disrespect to all the new pros...but to me your all amazing riders but id never be in ore of just been near by any of them...maybe its just because i was at that age when i started he was a celebrity to me....

As for the MC....I thought he was great, sure he did keep saying "skatepark rules" but who can honestly talk for that long and keep every one amused with out repeating them self's every now and again. Will be keeping a look out for this type of event again...

I'd quite like it if there was a parallel event running that were the Streetlight TGS/Tech sessions to accommodate the more "trialsy" trials riders. It was pretty much just ramps... I know it's a Danny Mac event and all that, but say Tunnicliffe or someone got backing from Monster/Relentless to do one representing the other side of trials.

Wasn't very much there for people without a seat (excluding Jack Meek).

It's not really a problem, but I couldn't help feeling that it gave over the impression to the newbies that trials IS Inspired. Kind of a misrepresentation when thinking of statistics. Street trials riders are the minority compared with "trials" trials riders.

Also, the MC seemed to be saying that if you didn't ride an Inspired you're a comp rider. And Jeez - stop saying "skatepark rules". We get it!

There was a reasonable amount of trialsy stuff to be fair - like Chris said when he was announcing the winner, guys like Ross were doing some really cool genuinely trials-orientated things. I think they made pretty good use of the 'uniqueness' of the venue, just in terms of using kickers to link up levels and so on. In fairness, for 'trialsy' trials riders there are also comps :P

I get what you mean about the Inspired representation there, but I guess it's fair enough bearing in mind that it was Inspired who got involved with it and donated over 10 (can't remember the exact figure, think it was around 13-14?) completely brand new bikes to them for those events. Inspired aren't a massive company so that's a pretty large outlay for them, so it's fair enough if they get shown some love by the announcers there. It seems like people are still aware that there are other brands though, as the feedback we've had from people new to trials who've phoned up to check out what bikes are available and how much they are seems to show that they know that there are other options out there for them.

Regarding the MCing, it'd be pretty difficult having to get to the ins and outs of trials and the different sort of sub-groups within that to people who've never experienced it before. It's always going to be easier to just generalise, and for the most part what he was saying was right. I think he kept mentioning the skatepark rules too because there were quite a few people just rolling around snaking other people unintentionally. One of the problems of having crossing lines, but if people keep an eye out it's possible to make it work - by the end it seemed like everyone was more aware of each other.

If tyour girlfriend is who I think she was, she dominated that balance beam in the end!

In Red Bull bar tabs news, Jagermeister.

That took some typing.

She was in the first taster session, red hoody blonde hair?

Does anyone know when the 'official' footage and photos will be released for this?

Really enjoyable night. I wasn't given a place before the event but was allowed to lark about on a Fourplay anyway. Everyone was just really friendly including the security guys. Fingers crossed that there are indeed more of these to come.

Edited by konstant

I think he kept mentioning the skatepark rules too because there were quite a few people just rolling around snaking other people unintentionally. One of the problems of having crossing lines, but if people keep an eye out it's possible to make it work - by the end it seemed like everyone was more aware of each other.

Felt like there was too many people with the amount of time there was. In Bristol it was like 40min sessions, with less people so stuff felt easier.

Everyone was just really friendly including the security guys

Got questioned every time by a security guard there. Who else is wearing exposed knee pads? :ermm:

Was real fun, real wet. Shame i got nothing done >_<

Guy on the Ozonies mod was pretty sick.

Really enjoyable night. I wasn't given a place before the event but was allowed to lark about on a Fourplay anyway. Everyone was just really friendly including the security guys. Fingers crossed that there are indeed more of these to come.

When everyone rushed over to the big step up and people went in to the riding area I got told to go back when all the other people were allowed to go through. It was an amazing night though, I liked it how even though it was pissing it down it didn't stop any of the riders from pulling big moves. Loved the epic fall from Ben Travis aswell even though we all thought he had died.