Best Hub For My Money?

Miss-Higgy

I should be able to buy myself my hubs after this weekend! Woop woop! I'm looking at the £50 mark per hub is there anything for that price that i should stay away from? Or what can you recomend i buy. Ive read too many posts about hubs skipping so im going for fixed hub and tensile freewheel. Any recomendations?

Front - Circus Monkey HDW ( these are exactly the same as RockMan Front Disc Hub There was a recent topic on this aswell rockman are bastards if i remeber rightly )

Rear - with the money you save you could try and stretch to a echo sl rear? if not i would highly recommend a rockman bub hub, i personally and other people i know use this hub with minimal issues.

Edited by bike_dummie

Echo TR rear, and the same upfront.

Both the disc and Non Disc versions are quality.

Lightweight, Good bearings and are tough too.

Ive run my rear TR non disc hub for ages now with Zero problems and would buy another without hesitation.

The cams its supplied with are great too.

• 3 weeks later...

Wanting to put a Hope Pro 2 on my Phase. Already have them on my all mountain bike and hard tail and they are bomb proof. Is it worth it and do they stand up to trials riding.

Would I better installing something cheaper that is just as good or go for the Hope?

Hope Pros are excellent for trials! Completely bomb-proof British engineering.

If you are riding 20"/26" proper trials it many be better getting a fixed rear hub and running a Front Freewheel as this leads to a better centre of weight.

Hope Pros are very popular with street riders.

i think im gonna get a hope pro 3 but whats the difference between the hope pro 3 and the hope pro 2T?

The Hope Pro 3 is a light weight cross country mountain bike hub and the Pro 2 trials is a trials specific rear hub, which is much more up to the job of dealing with what trials riding will put it through.