Sponsership

edwards 99

I'm just gonna keep doing this till you get it:

its not my fault i cant spell very good is it,

YOU'RE ON A COMPUTER, THERE ARE NO EXCUSES BECAUSE YOU CAN DOWNLOAD TOOLS TO HELP YOU TO COME ACROSS AS THE, (most likely), DECENT HUMAN BEING YOU ARE, INSTEAD OF A COMPLETE RETARD.

I'm starting to believe you might actually just be retarded, rather than coming across like it.

Please tell me you don't actually think they're all referring to that one mistake?

It's more the horde of others surrounding that one that raised the issue, the one in the title was used for humors sake.

i now its not just that one mistake, but why do people moan about spelling it like being back at primary school again in a spelling test, we are on here to give people advice, not complain about spelling

i now its not just that one mistake, but why do people moan about spelling it like being back at primary school again in a spelling test, we are on here to give people advice, not complain about spelling

It's probably because it's the kind of thing that most people learn at primary school, in spelling tests and the like, so you'd think people would just about have got the hang of it by now.

Seriously, every one of your posts is nothing short of appalling and it'd be so easy to put right but since you choose to not bother you come across like more of a lazy, stupid, uneducated douche with every post.

It's not that though, it's annoying to read bad grammar and spelling.

Why help someone if they can't even understand what you are trying to say without reading the post about 5 times over?

This.

Typing like a retard is a bad habit. It's something you should've got out of at school. Good english skills will help you to apply for jobs. Exercising these skills regularly will mean you keep them in check.

Furthermore, if you're going to ask for help, you should make it as easy as possible for the person you're asking to help you. It's kind of a matter of principle. This includes putting across all of the information you know. Ideally this needs good language skills because it helps to avoid people getting the wrong end of the stick. It also shows that you've tried to solve the problem yourself, which can help avoid people telling you things you've already found out.

It's not that though, it's annoying to read bad grammar and spelling.

Why help someone if they can't even understand what you are trying to say without reading the post about 5 times over?

if it bother you that much you should become an editor for books and magazines

If it means that much to you about spelling I'll change an e to an o.

It's not my fault I can't spell very well is it?

Buzzzzzzz, maybe not, but maybe you just don't pay pay enough attention in school!

I know it's not just that one mistake, but why do people moan about spelling? It's like being back at primary school again in a spelling test. We are on here to give people advice, not complain about spelling.

That may be so but correct spelling and grammar goes a long way!

I'll change that if it means that much to you all.

Please do!

If it bothers you that much you should become an editor for books and magazines.

Or you could follow the guidelinezzzz and put some effort into your postzzzzz!!

Edited by Spelling Bee
  • Like 6

I can't believe you lot are bitching about his spelling and no-one has given him any advice about getting sponsored yet!

Heres a step-by-step guide:

Step 1.

Help 50 old ladies cross the road. (Has to be 50, not 49, not 50.5)

punchline_tn.jpg

Step 2.

Climb Everest naked

map.jpg

Step 3.

Race Chuck Norris and win

129164088353561179.jpg

Step 4.

Tame a tiger

tiger-eats-man-out-1010854145785710186.jpg

Step 5.

Get struck by lightning

Screen+shot+2010-11-21+at+5.46.26+PM.png

Step 6.

Shag Beyonce

beyonce.jpg

Step 7.

Sidehop a 100" curb

pavement-shadowcopy.jpg

Step 8.

Count to infinity

CT-p0001-ST.jpg

Step 9.

Base jump into the Grand Canyon. Without a parachute, they're for pussies.

Grand_Canyon6.jpg

Step 10.

Touch the sun.

adamsun.jpg

Thats it! Basically its easy when you know how :turned:

I know this because my nans friends, dogs, daughters, ex-boyfriend is gay and he told me.

Im not sponsored because I haven't been struck by lightning yet (Y)

• Like 5

Genius! ^^ ha

On a serious note, for any sort of company to sponsor you, they need to see what sort of thing you're going to bring to their company/team. I mean you could be the best rider in the UK but if you didn't do anything for the company they probably wouldn't sponsor you.

At the end of the day its all abotu promotion most of the time.

I can only suggest ride your bike and have fun because that's what riding is all about, and maybe one day you may get noticed.

That's quite correct.

However, it is your fault that you can't figure out how to use the built in spell check, despite being advised several times in this thread.

Your attitude sucks. See you in 24 hours.

so you've suspended his account because he struggles to spell? plus i know im not him but i never download anything from places i dont know and so i wouldnt download anything just because some people on a forum about bikes (which has no relation to spelling and grammar and therefore it shouldnt even cause a problem unless the posts are unreadable) that i dont know get hot-headed about spelling and grammar.

so you've suspended his account because he struggles to spell? plus i know im not him but i never download anything from places i dont know and so i wouldnt download anything just because some people on a forum about bikes (which has no relation to spelling and grammar and therefore it shouldnt even cause a problem unless the posts are unreadable) that i dont know get hot-headed about spelling and grammar.

You're definitely missing the point. Also the point about not downloading anything suggested to you by people on the forum... trials is populated by quite an odd bunch with very diverse interests and talents. If you give them a chance there really is a wealth of knowledge on virtually any subject you care to think of, computing/software advice included. I couldn't even begin to count the number of times I've found out something very useful (but completely non bike related) on here.

The fact this is a forum about bikes means that spelling and grammar does have a place. And as has been said, getting into the habit of typing correctly and putting a bit of effort in can only stand you in good stead in the future.

You're definitely missing the point. Also the point about not downloading anything suggested to you by people on the forum... trials is populated by quite an odd bunch with very diverse interests and talents. If you give them a chance there really is a wealth of knowledge on virtually any subject you care to think of, computing/software advice included. I couldn't even begin to count the number of times I've found out something very useful (but completely non bike related) on here.

The fact this is a forum about bikes means that spelling and grammar does have a place. And as has been said, getting into the habit of typing correctly and putting a bit of effort in can only stand you in good stead in the future.

thats a fair point i agree with you on this. i think we've all taken this a little to far over a few spelling mistakes though and it's completely off-topic from what this topic was originally made for so im not going to reply any more about the whole spelling thing.

thats a fair point i agree with you on this. i think we've all taken this a little to far over a few spelling mistakes though and it's completely off-topic from what this topic was originally made for so im not going to reply any more about the whole spelling thing.

Of course, but then I answered his original question (reasonably helpfully for me) in the first reply.

brilliant :D

loved how many times throughout this topic the whole point was missed (by more than just the starter)

im not sponsored, but i imagine the basics include:

bike related (that im sure you know)

1. a decent level of riding

2. an innovative interesting style

others

1. youre an advert for the product - appeal to others in whatever way you can, have a likeable personality, where people warm to you, trust your views and opinions and will be attracted to the product you are (essentially) showing off to sell

2. the above may involve playing the 'game' with the requests of forum members, regardless of your thoughts on it - they no doubt make well over of the trials community in the uk, and will inevitably be the buyers of your sponsors product

3. communication between you and the public/customers - again, youre sponsored, youre an advert. if you cant get your message across very well thats a little bit of a put off to sponsors. this does unfortunately involve spelling and grammer (:P)

4. your general attitude and how you conduct yourself in most areas of life (including riding) - i imagine a positive role model - unselfish, friendly, hardworking, persevering etc all being traits that would be attractive.

Edited by chris4stars