Dumb Questions On Tartybikes

Lewis Gething

After looking through hundreds of Tarty's products and reading the questions people have asked, I have always felt a bit sorry for Mark and Adam who have to try to answer these people. I do not want to offend anyone, and after all, Tartybikes is an international store with a lot of interest from foreign riders who will often use translation sites to interact with other internet users but this is not were my problem lies. I can't understand how someone capable of speaking good english will address the Tarty guys in such a way and can ask a question to these guys without giving a damn how to spell/ punctuate it.

Furthermore, I will often see product pages where the options will be a variety of colours, for example red, black and white to which someone will ask if they can get the said product in green! :blink: That sort of thing always makes me laugh :giggle:

Anyway, I just wanted to see if we could find some of the funniest questions on the site and post them.

Sorry if I am an A-hole :lol:

Edited by streetrials24
  • Like 3

HAHAHA! "can i change the brakes on this bike?" HAHAHAH! that sounds like something you would ask laurence...

Fixed :P

To the op though, you've got to appreciate not everyone spends ages on here, hell half of the people browsing tartybikes might not even know about trials forum. The way I see it is, if i were to go on a BMX site - I would have absolutely NO idea what I was doing/purchasing/what things were made for their purpose sort of thing.

Oh and they're probably 12 year olds who are looking at a birthday present etc.

Edited by dann2707
  • Like 1

After looking through hundreds of Tarty's products and reading the questions people have asked, I have always felt a bit sorry for Mark and Adam who have to try to answer these people. I do not want to offend anyone, and after all, Tartybikes is an international store with a lot of interest from foreign riders who will often use translation sites to interact with other internet users but this is not were my problem lies. I can't understand how someone capable of speaking good english will address the Tarty guys in such a way and can ask a question to these guys without giving a damn how to spell/ punctuate it.

Furthermore, I will often see product pages where the options will be a variety of colours, for example red, black and white to which someone will ask if they can get the said product in green! :blink: That sort of thing always makes me laugh :giggle:

Anyway, I just wanted to see if we could find some of the funniest questions on the site and post them. I will get the ball rolling with these three, taken from the 'Echo Lite Dual Disc' page here: http://www.tartybikes.co.uk/20_inch_trials_bikes/echo_lite_dual_disc/c10p11565.html

you try and order a bike to your requirements on say a japanese site, even with google translate it's still not 100% accurate so it can only be the same for them

as for the first guy i assume he wants to know if he can switch a certain part for somethingelse and Adam clearly understood him

There are some 'interesting' questions if you know where to look. Think there's been around 4,500 questions asked through the Q&A section of the site alone since that got launched.

Naturally, I went looking for dumb questions. I got as far as the onza rip bike. I feel sorry for you guys and the amount of times you have to repeat the answer to the question 'what size wheels has it got?'.

The best one I have seen out of all of 'em is the one on this page: http://www.tartybikes.co.uk/20_inch_trials_bikes/onza_ska/c10p11579.html

"what is the picture on the top of the frame is it bruno mars"

Props to Mark for his awesome professionalism given those circumstances :lol:

hahahah this made my day! :D

post-30858-0-00242800-1333233093_thumb.p

Looks like a few of these questions could be parents buying gifts for their kids.

And at the same time if someone is only just getting serious about biking, they would have no idea about the technical side of things. What may seem obvious to you or I, would seem alien to a new comer.

People shouldn't be afraid to ask, no matter how 'dumb' the question may seem as everyone needs to learn from somewhere.

EDIT:

Buzz_Killington.jpg

Edited by Luke Dunstan
  • Like 1

How do they keep their cool? I get pissed off when people in the street ask my why their isn't a seat! Cant imagine doing it for a living hahahaturned.gif

profile_image_default.jpg

why is there not a seat

Posted by Robbie on 27/10/2011

Reply from TartyBikes on 28/10/2011

Hi Robbie - When riding trials, you have to perform a lot of moves by shifting your body-weight around your bike. By removing the seat from the bike and making the top tube lower it gives you more clearance to move around, making most moves a lot easier. It also helps reduce weight which is an additional bonus. Thanks, Mark

I guess there's never really stupid questions, there's just very uninformed people asking genuine questions. Like if you yourself went onto an internet/computer based website or forum and asked how to properly take and post screenshots you'd probably get laughed at, but it's something you might want to consider doing.

I guess there's never really stupid questions, there's just very uninformed people asking genuine questions. Like if you yourself went onto an internet/computer based website or forum and asked how to properly take and post screenshots you'd probably get laughed at, but it's something you might want to consider doing.

What is a screenshot?

Thanks