The Car Thread

MadManMike

Thanks Prawn!

I am happy but had to replace the coil packs within the first 20miles after the remap! There was a mismatch of old ones and I'd heard they are prone to go. Fitted 4 new Bosch units and good as new.

However, I also have a new N75 on order as I'm getting boost surges :( Again, apparently a very common problem and it hasn't been replaced yet.

Dave

Good result David! you must be very happy with that :)

MiniMart - That's rediculous! When was it MOT'd?

Hairdressers - carry on :lol:

Top mounts?! they do look nice! did you get the other problem sorted?!

Yeah man, PURE solid ones! Should stiffen things up lovely jubbly.

Does it make a massive difference Dan? I can pick up an ultrasonic cleaner from work for about £60ish after discount and was wondering if it was worth it. What else could I theoretically clean with it?

I noticed it seemed to pick up loads better from low down! I use james sea cleaner to clean it, proper ultrasonic stuff appaz :)

Yeah thats the stuff I used, seemed to do my injectors a world of good! Thought about using a cheap washer pump and different sized tubes to backwash the injectors dan? Should get any larger bits put then and be more thorough

Replaced my fuel lines... They basically fell apart when I wiggled them. I knew they had corrosion but didn't realise the section that goes over the subframe was totally shot! The car passed its MOT 3 weeks ago so I thought they were safe, but wanted to do them anyway, thank feck I did...

2014-10-18175125_zpsada532fa.jpg

I have the stuff to rebuild the rear drums now, so that's high on my priority list as i've never had them apart...one of the last parts I haven't touched!

Today I bought some DS3000 race pads, 10w60 Millers CFS "race" oil (5L) and a new filter.

Dropping the oil on Thursday ready for Dony, fitting the pads at the same time and also replacing the bottom ball joints as they're f**ked.

I cannot believe how quickly my S3 is progressing and transforming, but f**k me it hasn't been cheap! The worst bit is I won't ever see a penny of the £1000 I've spent this month alone back.

Then there was £80 on the alternator at the start of the month, £30 on a belt kit, £25 for the header tank

The month before that £420 in tires.

The month before that it was £400 on the clutch kit, and £100 on service items.

I've managed to some how squander over £2000 in three months on the b*****d thing.

Get the £30 one from Maplins, its fine. Ideally you need to be able to pump cleaner through the injector to really clean it and then test its flow and spray pattern to ensure its all groovy but every little helps

That's where I work so even cheaper :D

Enlighten me on back washing the injectors? I can't see myself using the puny James' cleaner for more than the injectors so it'd be a waste to have it in my shed doing nothing

Well the fuel is pumped through your injectors and therefore crap can build up inside and block the nozzles, you need to pump cleaning fluid through the nozzles to flush any poop out of the injectors inlet, you will need to pulse the injectors or at least just have them open to do this though. Simply whacking them in the ultrasonic cleaner without doing this may help but not always.

incase you weren't aware of the cost of things ;)

f**k me Rich, maybe we should box you up and send you to Dan for some cleaning. Because all you're injecting into this thread recently is misery.

Stop being so miserable, you used to be a right legend. Always happy, chatting about cars and blah blah blah but now you've always got an "I told you so" moan on.

Cheer up dude!

Edited by Pashley26

f**k me Rich, maybe we should box you up and send you to Dan for some cleaning. Because all you're injecting into this thread recently is misery.

Stop being so miserable, you used to be a right legend. Always happy, chatting about cars and blah blah blah but now you've always got an "I told you so" moan on.

Cheer up dude!

How was Rich's reply miserable? You're the one being miserable, "wah wah wah fast cars are expensive", no shit.

And whose fault is that? :P

In all seriousness though, after bitching about them the other day I bought those DS3000's off Bill (the tuner who was telling me to basically stfu), ended up getting them off him for £140 when everywhere else they are £200+.

So in future if you do want some speak to Bill @ Badger 5 because for some reason he does them super cheap.

Went to clean my egr valve today.

got it off, was absolutly hanging:

post-36867-0-05009200-1413731313_thumb.j

Just some of the gunk i scraped off with a screw driver:

post-36867-0-99100300-1413731232_thumb.j

Not perfect, but alot cleaner than it was:

post-36867-0-05601500-1413731259_thumb.j

and typical, snapped it bolting it back up(by the looks of the dull part, it had been cracked for a while).

post-36867-0-65275700-1413731284_thumb.j

f**k it, egr delete will be ordered tonight!

And in other news, these have arrived. A thing of beauty :dance::dance:

20141017_190609 by dann2707, on Flickr

They are bloody brilliant. I went for the strut brace too, although that's not the bit which makes the difference.

SPRXjp2.jpg

Are you still wanting a set of Bilstein B14s? I want a set and am going to try and sort a group buy out for early next year.

They are bloody brilliant. I went for the strut brace too, although that's not the bit which makes the difference.

Are you still wanting a set of Bilstein B14s? I want a set and am going to try and sort a group buy out for early next year.

Brace looks nice but heard the mounts make most of the difference. Changed them today and holy f**k the originals were screwed.

Yeah definitely still want them. They are £740 on Kamskill or Ktec can't remember which one.

Sunday innit!

And why do we do all this shit to our cars? So we can go hang out with our mates and enjoy it. So I did.

10258057_1551229808425528_28328881941675

Nice wonky exhaust.

10620656_1551229791758863_84792542502080

10478442_1551229755092200_45850754451945

Prawns got more pictures and videos and things.

Good fun.

Here she is with a bit of blurb and a write up in this months VW Driver after Curby.

IMAG14331_zpse991681f.jpg

IMAG14251_zpsb63ce8c5.jpg

IMAG14281_zps87a999d9.jpg

Just ordered a pair of Silver Project adjustable top mounts, debating some 034 subframe mounts.

Got all afternoon Thursday with the workshop to myself, so I will absolutely have the DS3000's fitted then, the oil changed and hopefully I will fit the top mounts then too if they turn up but we'll see.

I also ordered a Turbogauge, which seems like quite a cool bit of data logging equipment and it stores 300 hours of driving data.

• Like 1

Well, not driven the car for a week due to back pain and copious amounts of codeine. Went to go for a blast and the alternator belt was squealing like mad. Cut the engine after noticing a plume of smoke from the engine bay and sharted bricks. Alternator pulley seized solid with some of the old belt still dripping from it, rest of the belt nowhere to be seen and the engine was stuggling slightly before I turned it off. I'm now thinking that the alternator belt is wrapped around the crank pulley because the cambelt was warm and sticky too. Bad times :(

In general news though, solid topmounts look pimp as f**k Dan! Are they bronze? Or just annodized?

Jardo fair play on getting in the article man, cars slowly but surely getting there.