The Motorbike Thread

Si-man

Had a ybr for a while after my bike was written off. Nice enough bikes to ride, better suspension than the cg (not hard lol) would go for an older carbed version though as found the fuel injection to be a lil laggy and odd (imo).

Ben

Went Ducati spotting with my old man at sherburn tonight, seen as his is in the shop already having the subframe replaced under warranty, came across these two and a well old well nice Yamaha rd125

th_582da174b35d4eb8ff15d519d8288749_zps1

th_e1c73e17952451e3b0cf46fa286c9ec9_zpsd

th_762fd5595adf24dd4f302c9886d82e5c_zpsf

Specific to motorcycles or does he spray anything and everything? I'm a sprayer too. I need to know if £1300 is expensive/cheap for a tank, side panels, rear section and mudguards. The paint is 2k 3 stage metallic red.

Specific to motorcycles or does he spray anything and everything? I'm a sprayer too. I need to know if £1300 is expensive/cheap for a tank, side panels, rear section and mudguards. The paint is 2k 3 stage metallic red.

He works for auto restore, so it'll be anything really. As for cost, I'm off round later so ill ask him

As a sprayer surely you should know?!! My response from an outsiders point of view is f**k me that's expensive. I would've thought something like £400-£500 would be pushing it unless you're getting full custom airbrushed shizzle like skulls or flames or whatever.

• Like 1

For a single colour that's the top end of the range IMO. You'd only pay that at a seriously well known spray shop, with a history of doing show level bikes.

From your average shop down the road, anywhere from £500 to £750 I'd say.

Well the bike in question was painted by very reputable company. They're in the top few hits on google if you're looking for that sort of thing and thats the price paid by a chap I know. Hes over the moon with it and it does look great as a complete package. Looking at from a sprayers point of view though, I'd be ashamed to let it leave my workshop like it is. The backs of the panels havent been touched and the underside of the tank is rough and dusty, like overspray and sanding dust etc.

For £1300 I would of expected a waaayyy higher standard and I was just wondering if that was a fair price and a fairly standard practice when painting bikes.

I will in the next few weeks be going into airbrushing and motorcycle specific spraying so I'm just doing a bit of research.

To me it would of been maybe an £800 job but I'd of done the backs and undersides to the same high standard as the visual areas. Maybe thats just me though?