The Motorbike Thread

Si-man

I've had a few bikes, biggest was a zx6r. I've never ridden a twin cylinder machine before, only singles and inline fours.

Like the man says, it's the way they deliver the power that makes the difference. My old fella had a gsxr 750 k7, then a triumph 675, now he's got a ducati 999R. Apparently it's as fast as the Suzuki at the top end, but the mid range is ballistic. Twice as quick. He says you have to be really careful with the throttle, more so than the Suzuki. I've not ridden the ducati yet, but if it's like he says then it'll blow my bloody head off, because the Suzuki was far from slow. And it's goddam loud. Carbon/ti termignoni pipes and race ecu /filters. Sounds awesome

Tl1000r's are quite heavy as a standard bike, and the suspension isn't the best quality. If it was me buying a bike in that category, it'd be a honda firestorm, or a ducati 900ss, or a Suzuki SV650 and a few quid on go faster bits. If you could stretch to a few more quid, have a look at aprilia rsv1000 Millie's, they have decent suspension and brakes, and an early one is dirt cheap now

Edited by bing

Full story slowly coming out. Basically comes down to the squid bikers being wankers, causing a minor accident by brake testing him then him taking off in fear of his life when they started smacking the car and trying to open the door. He had his wife and 5 month old baby in the car apparently. Judging by the faggots in t-shirts and trainers I'd say the bikers were in the wrong the whole way and am ashamed to be associated with cunts like that.

Aye both sides shouldn't have gone as far as they did, But surly if the driver had his family in the car, He wouldn't have gone in the back of that bike (Might have been a near miss im not sure) even though that biker was being a complete idiot, As its pretty obvious (too me) there will be a confrontation.

Apparently he didn't yield to the bikers at a exit/on ramp and nearly caused an accident. Info from a newspaper website. No idea on accuracy.

The brake tester was a twat, misjudged it hugely and caused the entire thing. Either way, if the driver had immediately slowed, visually apologised and rolled slowly towards the slow lane none of this would have escalated. The mob mentality is sick.

How does anyone know what happened during the first incident? You can't see anything.

IMO serves them all right. If you ride in packs of 100+ bikes, ignoring all the laws of the road and terrorising people, they're going to get scared, take off and end up knocking people off.

I didn't see a single person get run over though, I saw 1 bike get run over and another guy get knocked off. If he'd wanted to harm them, he could have done far, far more damage.

How does anyone know what happened during the first incident? You can't see anything.

You can see the guy on the white sports bike (at about 0:26) pulling in front of the Range Rover and casually brake checking him. You don't actually see contact but considering the closing speed I'd say it's pretty obvious they touched, although it doesn't look like the bike went down or anything.

So I finally got a blast on the old mans Ducati 999, first impressions are it doesn't feel as quick as his gsxr750 k7, but it has a hell of a lot more midrange. He assures me it is a lot faster. After another go on it, it is deceptively quick. And the suspension and brakes are in a different league to standard jap stuff. 1 finger and you could loop it quite easily. 320mm floating disks and brembo gold line 4 piston calipers, and radial master cylinder. And by god its loud.

Its amazing :)

• 3 weeks later...