Is This Website Legit?

Jake.

Not sure about the seller you linked but i have brought from this seller on there. His prices are legit as i have brought numerous items of him such as a brand new echo 2011 frame including bb and bash for £100 and a brand new sl freewheel for £25 (all prices included postage).

Edited by bike_dummie

Not sure about the seller you linked but i have brought from this seller on there. His prices are legit as i have brought numerous items of him such as a brand new echo 2011 frame including bb and bash for £100 and a brand new sl freewheel for £25 (all prices included postage).

His prices are legit as i have brought numerous items of him such as a brand new echo 2011 frame including bb and bash for £100 and a brand new sl freewheel for £25 (all prices included postage).g.gif

You just copy and pasted what i posted?

$848.33 is currently £546.92

Add 7% import tax = £585.20

Add 20% VAT = £702.24

Still cheap, but not quite as spectacular.

Don't forget the 47.5% anti dumping duty! (Although I have a feeling such a seller would mark the value down to reduce tax/import fees.)

At least they are honest about the bike having no warranty - that is better than most other unofficial dealers.

Better than the good old "we will have to send it back to the manufacture"

I know of a few people who have got full bikes and had no problems or any extra tax. Best bit is you don't pay until you get the goods and are happy with condition etc

Don't forget the 47.5% anti dumping duty! (Although I have a feeling such a seller would mark the value down to reduce tax/import fees.)

At least they are honest about the bike having no warranty - that is better than most other unofficial dealers.

Frames seem ok to get a pure sl with ti bb comes to ruffly £290 that's including all taxes and shipping but no warranty which isn't bad really but pay abit extra you get a warranty and reliable service.

You can get a because color 24 inch frame for 125 quid + 33 quid postage 158 quid is including everything proper bargain

Edited by moose

Better than the good old "we will have to send it back to the manufacture"

Not quite up there with the good old warranty story change, when people say one thing, realise it's probably going to negatively effect their claim, then suddenly change their story...

Some companies (e.g. Hope, Magura) are better at dealing with warranty stuff than others, so can help more than we're able to. The main problem comes with stuff from brands like Echo or Neon because they pretty much don't offer warranty for a lot of their stuff. For example, if we get any freewheels back we have a stock of springs, pawls, etc. which we use to replace any damaged ones because Echo don't provide any cover for them at all, or even any spares. Same goes for their brakes - if they leak or whatever, we have them back and fix them. If it's a Hope or Magura brake, we usually send them to the manufacturer because they're better equipped to deal with it than we are. The only time it's a bit different with Hope stuff is if it's just something like a damaged seal as we've got those sorts of spares in. If we know companies are usually slow as f**k doing stuff then we'll take care of it ourselves to try and make sure the customer's still sorted out even if it means we lose out.

They don't have to give a warranty though because they are not selling in the uk? I always thought that the warranty was with the vendor not the manufacture ? That's why they are making the money but taking the risk. Maybe I'm total wrong though. Could you explain it ?