Bikes + Radiators

crashbanggg

Initially I thought this was a thread about turning a bicycle frame into a radiator..

Which I think would be pretty awesome. Not particularly efficient, but still pretty awesome.

As far as sitting your bike there is concerned, it's not going to do anything bad to your bike, but it does mean you're going to waste energy and money heating up your bike rather than heating up your room.

• Like 1

Clearly, Sam, you've never put your bike next to a working radiator.

I can tell you it's a terrible idea. The first thing that happens is all the plastic components soften and deform, and then the paint bubbles and flakes off.

Your tyres will burst.

The heat won't melt your bike but it will soften it a bit so it'll be out of shape. It'll feel weird to ride after then.

• Like 1

Whoa your playing a dangerous game there. Best case scenario is if you aren't in the room when all the toxic fumes fill it up when the paint melts away. Then your tyres will burst and any other rubber/plastic parts will ignite from the heat. If your still not dead then when all the bearings explode from the heat they'll shoot out like shotgun pellets and that'll finish you off. Now that it's there you'll have to wait 10 hours for it to cool down before it's safe to touch.

The heat won't melt your bike but it will soften it a bit so it'll be out of shape. It'll feel weird to ride after then.

You're seriously saying that you can anneal an alu bike frame by sitting it infront of a radiator?

Do you not understand the concept of sarcasm. See link for explanation: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarcasm :)