Hello!

xDziiaHz

Well, im 15 and found the Danny Macaskill videos and it has made me want to start street trials! I would devote a lot of time to it, and im buying the Onza zoot 2013!

Anyway, i was wondering, in getting a trials bike, will it in any way inhibit my ability to ride 6.4 miles a day to school? I was just wondering, i would get used to it in time, but i was just wondering how hard it would be to ride long distance...

i would also be riding it 20 miles when i go on holiday, and need to know how much of a challenge it would be!

Any advice is helpful!

Also, im new to the forum so hello!

-George

Onza Zoot.htm

I've actually ridden mtb trails on my trials bike for quite a long distance. Not exactly easy or fun though. Coming back downhill is fun though especially if your on technical rooty/rocky sort of stuff.

You could run a cassette but you'd sacrifice chain strength which is quite important.

Hey welcome to the forum

Riding that sort off distance on normal trials gearing

Will take a while and will be hard work

You might consider something a bit old skool

And have some gears

It should be ok on an onza zoot

The structure of your post is like a poem,

unlike this one you knew where you were going,

the point to this has gone,

I just look like a mong,

I may as well just take up f**kin' sewing.

• Like 7

I once rode 7 miles at speed on my 24" to get some boobs, would not recommend doing it unless you also have a hot redhead waiting for you.

I rode 2 miles on my mod uphill to get some boob too was a hot blonde, never doing it again.

• Like 3

well riding a zoot more than 2 miles or so sucks donkey dick, i own one i changed the rear sprocket to a 13t stright away and also the freewheel on mine exploded as well as the chain snapped just riding to places so no i would not do it unless your willing to change your hub and chain first not to mention i love my trials bike and think i look cool riding it :P (gay as there) but if i'm going somewere to town or something i really cannot be arsed to pedal that thing :P

Edited by VAMPIRE V12

how about getting about and getting down... you can commute, you won't enjoy it, a zoot is better than a tgs machine though. you'd benefit from a shit commuter bike on the side. trials bikes are pure impractical filth.