Bike/parts Fails

CalRobbo341

I find people quoting pictures annoying, so when you managed to quote those twice, I found it ridiculous.

Yeah i didnt intend to, it quite often double quotes and catches users such as me out i also origianally tried to quate one or two of the picures but i know what your getting at.

Edited by Ben Gosden

the judgement day

Justice was served.

Funny thing was, I didn't actually realise it had snapped. I was just riding along and it suddenly went really bouncy like I had rear suspension. Then looked down and my chainstays were going up and down.... :/

I was riding brakeless and I side-dropped of a wall, hoping to get a sneaky manual and sidehop back up. Unfortunately as soon as my rear landed the whole crank arm fell off, thought id snapped a pedal axle at first hahaha!

MOAR PICS:

post-25560-0-76578000-1352449854_thumb.j

post-25560-0-57920600-1352449889_thumb.j

Edited by onza pro series guy
  • Like 1

Cracked - Neon Bow, Ozonys Curve V1, Zoo Python 06, Echo Team 07, Onza Ice 2, Three sets of Try-All forks, Echo stem, two SL freewheels.

Snapped- GU st 2008, numerous 05 mag lever bodies, Hub axles
Bent - Echo Urban 24" 09 Forks

Edited by Echo Lite 09

I've done the exact same thing as onza pro series guy, ie: snapped the BB axle. I was also using burns but was doing something far less dangerous. I had just cycled up a hill and was going over a curb at the top and wump the crank fell off. Looked down and axle was snapped. Glad I wasn't doing a gap or riding up high on a wall.

I had just jumped down a set of steps about a minute before it happened so it was lucky it didn't snap on landing. Probably cracked it though.

• 2 months later...

looks like you've done a good job on them.

i snapped a bb years ago and the bigger took a chunk out of my middleburns. was riding rocks at the time just preloaded to lunge up fairly nice sized one and ping I've never hit my nuts so hard on the stem and then carried on to fall into a quivering pile on the floor.

wanted to some upload photos, but the files are too large so...

Off the top of me head;

Because stock forks - cracked

Onza Zoot complete - bent bars, blew D/S BB bearing, blew FFW up so it went both ways, snapped frame it around three 1/2 months due to material defect.

Meta isis - snapped

Onza pedal cage - snapped

DMR v8 axle - bent/nearly cracking

Echo 6061 forged/old TR cranks - pedal threads

Phase bars off a 1.2 I bought complete for £75 - snapped - but were preowned and abused, lasted a year or so.

aforementioned Phase 1.2 frame - used it of 1 or 2 light set up rides, took it to morecambe and snapped it in around 8-9 hours!

RST guila t7 suspension forks - snapped the crown

Few more too as well

I obviously don't push myself hard enough as I've never really broken anything that wasn't crap to begin with, apart from my old rockhopper frame

Someone on here (a certain member of the clean regular who may or may not have a skye complete :shifty:) poked holes in a comment i made the other week by telling me that I wasn't trying hard enough in my riding if I wasn't snapping stuff, the same stuff that was top of my budget when I bought it and can now ill afford to replace.

But what do I know? I don't try hard enough...

EDIT: I must concede in the midst of all this sarkyness that I do have lazy periods (don't we all though) and then

days where I consider myself to be 'on it'.

Usually coinciding with a trip away, breakfast monster (the one on the train at around half 8), sunshine and lots of riding happening around me.

Edited by CC12345678910