Buy/ Sell

Hey guys

I don't know if its just me but when I'm looking for a specific part on the for sale page I can never find what I want because there's so many pages

Anyone else think it would be good if there was kind of like a pinkbike setup so you can click what you want (forks, frame w.e ) then a list of whatever comes up so you don't have to click every thread to find what your looking for

If enough people want Somthing like this how would we make it happen?

We tried it and no one used it really but the normal for sale forum was still available while it was been tested so It didn't really stand a chance.

It was easier before the last update as you could put more in your topic titles and sub titles to give people a more clear indication of what you were selling.

I guess just do a search if your searching for something specific.

Problem we have is the search function isn't working properly currently. Doesn't seem to include results from the past few months (I think when the forum was updated).

I just searched for the words chris king which I know are in a thread I started in wanted the other day and it couldn't find it

accurate tagging in the forsale thread would be nice, criteria for wheel size, frame/fork. wheels. brakes. misc. then you could filter a search, make images and tagging mandatory before a post can occur... would be rad!

• 2 weeks later...

I've noticed some of the for sale adverts are written rather poor. On another forum I use (civiclife.net) for sale threads have to be approved by a moderator before they are shown in the for sale section.

If a for sale topic isn't up to scratch it doesn't get approved.

Maybe something for the mods to discuss?

Liam.

But wouldn't a well laid out advert look much better and read much easier than some of the attempts that there is in there now?

Somebody said that breaking down the for sale section into sub categories didn't work too?

Why was this?

Wouldn't sub sections,

Stock parts

Stock complete bikes

Mod parts

Mod complete

24 parts

24 complete

And just a miscellaneous section for the people selling non bike related parts like xboxes etc?

• Like 2

But wouldn't a well laid out advert look much better and read much easier than some of the attempts that there is in there now?

Somebody said that breaking down the for sale section into sub categories didn't work too?

Why was this?

Wouldn't sub sections,

Stock parts

Stock complete bikes

Mod parts

Mod complete

24 parts

24 complete

And just a miscellaneous section for the people selling non bike related parts like xboxes etc?

I like this idea, would make finding stuff for your bike much easier IMO. Maybe that's because I ride a 24" and have to open up some topics to see what they are selling and whether it would work. I also think a mod should review posts before, might help cut down on the dodgy sellers as well i.e if a mod knows they are 'dodgy' they can post beneath the seller something like 'this user has a bad/below average reputation, buy at your own risk, paypal should be used..blahh'

I like this idea, would make finding stuff for your bike much easier IMO. Maybe that's because I ride a 24" and have to open up some topics to see what they are selling and whether it would work. I also think a mod should review posts before, might help cut down on the dodgy sellers as well i.e if a mod knows they are 'dodgy' they can post beneath the seller something like 'this user has a bad/below average reputation, buy at your own risk, paypal should be used..blahh'

What would help cut down the dodgy sells would be a minimum post count before you can post in the for sale sections.

Also what happened to new members chat?

Surely with that gone we need some way of stopping any Tom, dick or Harry joining up and ripping everyone off?

What would help cut down the dodgy sells would be a minimum post count before you can post in the for sale sections.

Also what happened to new members chat?

Surely with that gone we need some way of stopping any Tom, dick or Harry joining up and ripping everyone off?

This system is already in place.

Or was meant to be...

• 2 weeks later...

I have about 3-4 people that owe me feedback from sales/purchases over this past month who i have PM'd but they don;t bother replying and even i have left them feedback too.

If i remember rightly

Isitafox i bought some clamps off you still awaiting feedback.

Maykos i sold you a pro2 wheel and i still have no feedback from you.

Stan Shaw I bought a rockman stem off you and have no feedback.

Is there some form of new system where people have to leave feedback can be done?

Cheers

Andy

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Can we make pictures as well as the price of things mandatory in for sale threads.

No one is going to buy anything without seeing a picture of it first so why make a for sale thread if your too lazy to grab a picture.....