Need Help With Choise Some Parts

clerictgm

I want to buy highriser bars(trialtech or inspired), but don't know why there's an opinion that they are SOOO COOL.

And also I can't choose brakes set for my marino. I want full disc, but heared that rear disc sucks. And what about BB5/BB7? Is it bad brakes (I want to do some stoppies and stuff, so I need good modulation). Also why no one uses Avid Elixir/Juicy in trials? They're bad? Realy can't choose.

x-5FAxSV7p0.jpg

Im not sure that people think the highrise bars are cool, but a lot of streety people prefer the higher bar setup. The trialtechs are slightly higher and have 1deg more upsweep and backsweep. Ive heard that the bars on the skye are the same geo as the trialtech highrise. If you want higher its worth trying. I have a similar stem and amount of stackers on my fourplay as you, and i run trialtech highrises, I love it but some say its too high.

bb7s are good for front brake, but people say rear cable disc has too much resistance.?

Also i think the stock inspired come with elixers or some kind of avid brake. So they can obviously be put to some use, how much I don't know. My experience of avid parts has only been bad, so I won't comment as it will be biased.

I could see Trialtech highrise bars suiting that well, in terms of looks and how it rides.

Im a fan of the Hopes, both the mono trial and tech trial.

Shimano Deores are brilliant too!

BB7s are lethaly powerfull I found. Maybe a 160mm rotor and a BB7 might give some more modulation over a 180 rotor.

My favorite has been the Shimano Saint. They seem brilliant for everything it seems.

Ive had a go on a bike with the Avid Elixir R. It worked well up front, but he has constant problems.

He's bought saints now....

I want to buy highriser bars(trialtech or inspired), but don't know why there's an opinion that they are SOOO COOL.

There does seem to be a lot people who rate them highly, but the trialtechs feel odd to me. I'd love to try out some Deity bars since they have less up-sweep.

Any difference between them and mono trials with tech lever?

And why Shimano Saints better than Hope?

They are slightly lighter, personally I prefer the Trial Zone lever as the blade is more comfy than the Tech Trial lever. Also if you get the post mount caliper it is super easy to set up.

Controversy attack. Bb7 on the rear is ace. I ran a 185 on my 24. Had no issues with the performance and I weighed over 15stone when I was running it. Bb7s are better than other discs in my experience. Cheap to run and less sensitive/delicate that hydraulics