Best Cnc Backed Pads For A Smooth Rim?

ChrisTrials2012

I have a smooth rim, and I want to know what pad suits it best, cause smooth rims can be just as good as ground rims

This is only true if you keep your rim dust free, which is pretty close to impossible. So tar is the only option really. But yeah, rockman blues were excelent on smooth, no slipping whatsoever...

I have a smooth rim, and I want to know what pad suits it best, cause smooth rims can be just as good as ground rims

I don't belive that smooth rims can be as good as ground rims, I just don't...

Either way, try the TNN ADM's and if the performance isn't what you're after just grind the rim?:) Or (gonna get hated now but yolo) use tar.

Not if you ever want to ride in the rain. Just grind it

I won't, I'm running a Dob mag, it'll fold like a muthaf**ka

I'm surprised noones mentioned heatsink yellows..

Why, are they good?

All of my Yellows were pretty awful to be honest.

My ADM's on a smooth rim had tonnes of bite and hold.

Oh well then ADMs it is.

Yellows are great on smooth, plastic slightly better than CNC.

I've ran both!

Epic in the dry with tar, nothing wrong with tar if you use it properly, only reason everyone loves grinds is because the top riders (ali C, tarty crew) prefer grinds because you have to apply them less often, and they ride wet natural.

• Like 1

I like your confidence, are you the best rider here?Or the most experienced? Sound like it...

No? I'm just an average rider, but I know for fact that this set up works very very well. I've also got two mates who swear by the same setup as well.

Also, if you use a front vee. Try a smooth rim with yellow vees and a dab of tar, only the teeniest amount. Works as good as a front Maggie.

I like your confidence, are you the best rider here?Or the most experienced? Sound like it...

No? I'm just an average rider, but I know for fact that this set up works very very well. I've also got two mates who swear by the same setup as well.

Also, if you use a front vee. Try a smooth rim with yellow vees and a dab of tar, only the teeniest amount. Works as good as a front Maggie.

Doesn´t mean other setups mentioned here don´t work just as good or even better, does it? I´m not saying it doesn´t work ok, but using your words, I know for a fact that rockmans work better...Also vees are totally different story, if they work "only as good as front maggie", you´re doing something wrong, good vee setup puts any maggie to shame,period.

Doesn´t mean other setups mentioned here don´t work just as good or even better, does it? I´m not saying it doesn´t work ok, but using your words, I know for a fact that rockmans work better...Also vees are totally different story, if they work "only as good as front maggie", you´re doing something wrong, good vee setup puts any maggie to shame,period.

I'm not saying the other setups are bad, it's just that I know for sure that yellows on smooth rim with a dab of tar works very well. Try it before you slate it