hs11 vs hs33

harmertrials

The older HS11's were made from plastic Brad?

The newer ones are Maguras own proprietary composite...from what I can see the hs33 and 11 are the same material.

Edit: some kind of carbon composite, I assume similar to the one used on the MT series of disc brakes.

Edited by Alex Dark

The older HS11's were made from plastic Brad? The newer ones are Maguras own proprietary composite...from what I can see the hs33 and 11 are the same material.
I was comparing against the older hs33, I forgot about the older hs11s as I've never run one. What I find with the never maguras is if you ride every day like I do is you get problems, I've had 4 2011 hs11s I poped the seals in every lever And with my current one which is about 4 months old, my slave pistons are sticking. Try source some pre 04 racelines, best brakes by far, due to the massive lever piston they feel so solid.

if your gonna go to a new hs go for the hs33! there stronger, not made of plastic so will last longer! dont bleed with water though! i was told today that they actually have more power than an 05/10 maggie due to there lever postion with a 2 finger lever, and my mates 4 finger lever is silly powerfull!

lets get this straight.....

new HS11 and HS33 are exactly the same other than colour, one is not stronger than the other, one is not more powerful than the other (if same lever blade is used).

Brad, older 2004 levers used the same 14mm piston as the 2005 and 2011 style brakes.

• Like 2

there were small changes too between 2011-2012 HS11/HS33 and 2012-2013 HS11:

-T25 torx bolts (heavier+un-necessary)

-non-metallic clamp

-new lever blade made of formed sheet material+insert instead of solid blade.

-matte black cover

functionally the same.

not sure if 2012-2013 HS33 keeps the old solid lever blade contruction.

Edited by marko

• 2 weeks later...

there were small changes too between 2011-2012 HS11/HS33 and 2012-2013 HS11:

-T25 torx bolts (heavier+un-necessary)

-non-metallic clamp

-new lever blade made of formed sheet material+insert instead of solid blade.

-matte black cover

functionally the same.

not sure if 2012-2013 HS33 keeps the old solid lever blade contruction.

Yeah I agree !

I don't understand Magura, they do strange things : I thought all things listed by Marko were only for the 2012/2013 HS11 (maybe because they want hs11 look and be "inferior" to the hs33 - they were exactly the same until this)

BUT I've seen one 2012/2013 HS33 with torx bolts, plastic clamp and 'solid one piece' lever

And I've also seen one 2012/2013 HS11 with normal hexagonal bolts, metallic clamp, but the lever with the insert in it.

So what's wrong with them ? Do they really do what they want ? You can now buy a HS11 wich is almost (apart the colour and protection) a HS33 and vice versa !

Can some guy of Tartybikes (or another guy who notice it) explain it ?