Views on gay marriage

showurcolours

Seen it all over the news today so was wondering what everyone on TF thought.

I, myself believe that gay people should be allowed to marry, it's pretty discrimatory to say they can't imo.

Try to justify your thoughts though, I don't want to just read stuff like 'no fags shouldn't be allowed, it's a sin' blah blah

There's nothing wrong with gay marriage, equal rights for everyone and that, but I'm pretty sure it explicitly says no homosexuality in the Bible, which is what the whole of Christianity is based upon. Essentially it comes down to either disobeying the Bible - in which case, why obey any of it? - Or changing it, in which case, why not change all of it?

I don't care, doesn't affect me in any way... But i feel like the church is almost like a 'club' and if they don't want you in there they have every right to chuck you out. So marriages in other places is fine, but thats just a civil partnership right? If you want it in a church, obviously religion must mean something to you, and I dont feel like you can pick and choose bits of religion that suits you.

I have no reasoning why it shouldn't be allowed, though forcing churches and vicars to do things against their wishes seems a little harsh so I'd think a marriage at a registry office might be a good compromise. My mum used to be a super intendant registrar and used to do civil partnerships. now these are fine and give you the same rights as marriage (as far as I'm aware) but I guess some people prefer the whole marriage thing and I think they should be allowed if they want.

• Like 1

nobody complains about people putting cocks in each others asses/some butch chicks scissoring any more, because that would be wrong if they did. so why should i care if they get married? its only a piece of paper and means they can take half of each others shit ( :giggle: ) when they split up. its a pointless argument and when it comes down to it, its discrimination to not allow it.

also -

did anyone else see the bellend in the back ground with the sign on the news earlier?.

There's nothing wrong with gay marriage, equal rights for everyone and that, but I'm pretty sure it explicitly says no homosexuality in the Bible, which is what the whole of Christianity is based upon. Essentially it comes down to either disobeying the Bible - in which case, why obey any of it? - Or changing it, in which case, why not change all of it?

As a massive fan of ripping upon religions (especially Christianity and CoE) you'll be perhaps intrigued to learn that it actually doesn't say homosexuality is a sin, nor does it refer to it in any sense. In fact the term homosexual wasn't even around when the bible was written (which was around 200 years after 'jesus')

The actual quote people have interpreted is Leviticus 20:13 - "Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind"

Besides, if you read the bible you will realise it's complete rubbish, I mean Revelations has 7 headed dragons in it that flay virgins. So why would any one would follow and obey such literature is beyond me.

• Like 1

Who wears the dress?

But seriously, Church of England are excluded from the order, and I imagine others may speak up and refuse due to belief but then people who follow the faiths where it is frowned upon surely wouldn't be in same sex relationships. Why should people who have their choices, same sex, then question others who are against it due to religion?

I personally have no problem with it in the slightest I just think it will cause an uproar as people will see churches as homophobic when they are not.

Basically what everyone else has said.

how it's connected?

just relax and think it over, you´ll get it. :wink2:

i think it really doesnt matter who loves who and so on,at the end of your life the only thing you have is the fact you were happy or not and then the lights go out.

and,for heterosexuals it might be a bonus,that more women are free to have when men change the shore...

:giggle:

Edited by FamilyBiker

If the place are willing to marry them then fair enough. If shouldn't be forced on anyone. Like the B&B owner who wouldn't let the homosexuals stay in the same room in his B&B and got fined thousands..... its his house he can do what he wants with it same with churches and anything else.

Who wears the dress?

I personally have no problem with it in the slightest I just think it will cause an uproar as people will see churches as homophobic when they are not.

The catcher obviously wears the dress...

But, saying that gay people can't get married is homophobic? Or at least that's what I think

If the place are willing to marry them then fair enough. If shouldn't be forced on anyone. Like the B&B owner who wouldn't let the homosexuals stay in the same room in his B&B and got fined thousands..... its his house he can do what he wants with it same with churches and anything else.

Yeah that's all good but when you run a business you can't run it in a discriminatory way, hence why he got fined.

Also Churches shouldn't be forced into making a decision on gay marriage but it's good that they are. Maybe one day our government will also consult with the Pope and Archbishop on contraception..

The catcher obviously wears the dress...

But, saying that gay people can't get married is homophobic? Or at least that's what I think

I'd say not at all, you may have a gay best friend but would you want him and his boyfriend sleeping in your bed?

I'd say not at all, you may have a gay best friend but would you want him and his boyfriend sleeping in your bed?

What has that got to do with anything though?

Would you want your parents to sleep in yours? Or would you want to share a bed with a same sex couple?

I don't get what the point has to do with it

I don't see why gays are so desperate to say 'we're married' instead of 'we're in a civil partnership'. I also don't get why they want a Christian ceramony? A lot of the church don't believe in gay marriage so I don't understand why a gay person would want to associate their relationship to that.

Besides, I think non-religious people that get married in churches is pretty stupid anyway. I know someone who was told her and her boyfriend would have to attend the church weekly for six months before they could get married there and I completly agree with that. I think if you want to get married in a church so badly go find another building with fancy architecture and a nice interior.

I see it as me wanting to have a bar mitzvah without ever being Jewish pretty much.

• Like 1