Grumpy, Old, Fat, but enjoying it again!

Prawny Baby

So, after yesterday's post about my pre historic relic of a bike, here's a video of a grumpy fat man trying to ride it :lol:

No video editing software sadly, and just this ghetto camera stand I made today to film with my iPhone:

5C737512-D137-428B-90B8-E377E282BA43-295

All filmed in an hour after work today, uploaded on stolen wifi from standing behind a hotel I stayed in 6 months ago, and edited on YouTube video editor that I discovered today :)

But I enjoyed it, and that's all that matters :)

Link I case I've got the tags wrong:

• Like 1

Nice man!

I remember about 2 years ago (?) I rode with you in waterlooville when you came with andy ponting if you remember? I had a black mod with a completely slicked rear tyre (you commented on it :P)

Good times! haha

Cheers guys.

Adam: you're right about the timing for sure, I don't feel as strong now as I was when I used to ride regularly, so can't manage big gaps like I used to, but timing for taps and things seems SO much easier with try-all forks on the bike now, it just feels more natural, where I've always struggled badly before with the Zoo forks on the koxx frame.

Can definitely feel myself improving each evening when I'm going out, just remembering things as I go along, I had a little stint of riding back at the end of 2011 with mowgli where I rode 4-5 times in 2 weeks, and felt myself getting better and better as the rides went on, then I parked it up and got back to something car related and got fat all over again :lol:

Video

Nice. Doesn't look like the time off has had much effect on your riding!

Are you living in Deal now? That's where my parents live - cool to see someone riding the same spots I learned to ride on all those years ago! If you're living there, I'll bring my bike down next time I'm visiting and drop you a line!

I'm afraid not! I've been working here monday-friday since October, and due to be finishing next week!

Are there any other places i should check out to ride here? I've literally been from sandown castle to the royal hotel so far, and that's it!

Hmmm... From what I can remember, there's a bit by the library, a bit across the road from Tides (assuming the skatepark next to Tides won't be your bag), a bit round the market square, a bit at the end of the pier and by the timeball tower and a bit by the King's Head/Port Arms, but to be honest, there aren't loads of spots. If you head up the road to Kingsdown, the sea defence rocks there are pretty fun. Dover, Folkestone and Herne Bayaren't far and there's a fair bit to ride in those places. I think they're building new sea defences in Deal too, but no idea what they're like for riding.

What have you been doing there, out of interest?