Thoughts on Self Harm.

Unknown Account

I think that when people cut themselves and put a picture or status about it on facebook, it's pretty pathetic and whiney, also just seeking attention. This does my head in because it puts a bad image on people who do it for more genuine reasons, and makes them become labelled as attention seeking and stupid if they feel the need to tell someone.

Feels

Nick that post was amazing, explained everything.

As much as all this advice is very good and well, I just can't help myself, its an addiction its too tempting, plus when bad stuff happens, I normally just take it out on myself. FYI - I failed my driving test today, not so big for some people, yeah just rebook it, it will be fine, but to me it isnt, I know I have to go into work tomorrow, face my colleagues, and watch them mock me.

If it makes any difference, I am a boy, I am 18, and I am an idiot.

Would releasing stress from rage/anger by punching something - when you know it's going to hurt - be classed as self harm? If so I'm sometimes prone to that, I've never broken bones but there's usually a fair amount of blood and pain afterwards. Don't want to sound weird here but it works.

Here's another thing. Other people don't matter. It's your life, it's your choice whether someone else is part of it, even slightly. It might be worth noting for the most part people take a lot of shit before they snap and kick off. You might find yourself as an example. Others are the same.

Finally, if you get abuse from someone, stand up for yourself and they'll quit. If you let them abuse you, they'll keep doing it.

• Like 1

As much as all this advice is very good and well, I just can't help myself, its an addiction its too tempting, plus when bad stuff happens, I normally just take it out on myself. FYI - I failed my driving test today, not so big for some people, yeah just rebook it, it will be fine, but to me it isnt, I know I have to go into work tomorrow, face my colleagues, and watch them mock me.

As my post stated.

Not passing driving test first time is no big deal. Though it's school boy error to mention any form of test to people. to be honest most people are actual pussies and can't handle even a little bit negativity anyway. If you want to stay in that group of people, then you're destined to be a target by others.

This topic isn't going to make any difference, your mind isn't going to change from reading positive or negative posts in here. Get on with your life, get on with your self harm, it's all a learning process. You need mistakes to learn from. If you've never made any mistakes in your life, it's probably been boring.

Nick that post was amazing, explained everything.

hah. Thanks :P

It's human nature to take the piss a bit, try not to take yourself or things people say too seriously.

Be thankful they're mocking you to your face and not behind your back. Mocking someone face to face is often done in jest, don't give it a second thought!

That's life, welcome to it.

This is a cry for attention, and you've got it. Well done. If you have a problem with the fact you cut yourself, stop it. If you can't do it on your own, get help. I had/have an addiction, tried to fix it myself and failed. Got help, doing ok with it now.

Sorry if this is 'too harsh', but I couldn't really give a toss what's the socially acceptable response to teenage whinging.

Edited by JDâ„¢
  • Like 2

That's life, welcome to it.

This is a cry for attention, and you've got it. Well done. If you have a problem with the fact you cut yourself, stop it. If you can't do it on your own, get help. I had/have an addiction, tried to fix it myself and failed. Got help, doing ok with it now.

Sorry if this is 'too harsh', but I couldn't really give a toss what's the socially acceptable response to teenage whinging.

You were an alcoholic? :P

Feel free to pm me if it's too embarrassing or whatever for the forum, i'm curious! Or just ignore me :)

Well, Miss Counsellour defines me as having a 'drinking problem' rather than alcoholic, but yea. Thought that was pretty common knowledge on here now!

I don't think people have 'drinking problems' until they're getting pissed at work and destroying their lives. While drinking excessively (but being cool about it) is damaging your health, but i sure as hell couldn't care if you're doing everything else correct. I'm just saying that in relation to 'drinking problems', not yourself ofcourse.

• Like 1

Hi Dave.

Self harm is a bad thing.

If you feel like you will self harm or worse, go to a doctor. Pills can drastically reduce unwanted feelings like depression and anxiety.

Hey J.T :) Do you honestly think id make a new account to express how i feel ? SERIOUSLY LOL

You should know i dont care what people think of me ;)

And to the person who made this post!

When things got tough I used to ''hurt'' my self-Not ashamed to admit it at all-As there are lessons to be learned .

I did not want help-because i never felt worthy of help-Things got worse!

I used to think in such a negative way-and harming my self was the only thing i had control over!

My trail of thought was constantly negative-i was constantly having a battle with my mind!

Thankfully thats all behind me-because i took the time to figure out why i wanted to hurt my self'what was causing me so much pain ect ect

If you need to talk it out with someone im more than happy to listen (No information will be shared)

Life is a wonderful game-preseption is key!

Your bigger than your problems and you can win ;)

Just to add

Only you can save you from yourself-Most people cannot even begin to imagine how that works

Its a simple case of looking within for the answers-The tough bit is asking the right questions

Sounds like M People lyrics...