Pictures of Snapped Carbon Fibre products please

PaRtZ

A friend is making a pair of Carbon Fibre winter axes for his 3rd year engineering project and has asked for pictures of carbon fibre failure. So if anyone has any (I know theres quite a few snapped CF bars pictures but I couldn't find any :( ) could you post them up please?

Many thanks!

https://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&safe=off&rlz=1C1KMZB_enGB516GB516&q=carbon+bike+broken&ion=1&bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&bvm=bv.44990110,d.d2k&biw=1920&bih=995&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=-TtlUeDqNsmWO7LDgbgB

;)

I've not actually seen any broken carbon trials bars yet... I'd be intrigued to see them too.

Only seen the Koxx Karbons steerer go, thinking on it.

Edit: Second picture is awesome. Guy drove in to an underground car park forgetting his bike was on the roof! Must've been GUTTED :P

Edited by aener

Why is it a strange place? They've snapped at the end of the clamping area reinforcement and where the bars taper down to the bend-grip area.

It seems a strange place to break when you don't realize that's where the reinforcement ends ;)

https://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&safe=off&rlz=1C1KMZB_enGB516GB516&q=carbon+bike+broken&ion=1&bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&bvm=bv.44990110,d.d2k&biw=1920&bih=995&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=-TtlUeDqNsmWO7LDgbgB

;)

I've not actually seen any broken carbon trials bars yet... I'd be intrigued to see them too.

Only seen the Koxx Karbons steerer go, thinking on it.

Edit: Second picture is awesome. Guy drove in to an underground car park forgetting his bike was on the roof! Must've been GUTTED :P

My mate did that with his downhill bike on top of his Integra about 2 days after having a carbon skin fitted. Ripped the rack from the car!

• Like 1

[Edit: Aimed at FamilyBiker]

Just how sure of that are you?

It looks to be a fairly clean angle it stops at, so I'm guessing that is actually the end of it.
Also can't see any bits of silver poking out on the small bit of the bar , which it would have to if it had snapped off at the angle suggested by the shape of what's left in the big bit.

I think you should stop using words like "obviously" when you obviously currently have as much knowledge on what's happened as the rest of us.

Edited by aener

[Edit: Aimed at FamilyBiker]

Just how sure of that are you?

It looks to be a fairly clean angle it stops at, so I'm guessing that is actually the end of it.

Also can't see any bits of silver poking out on the small bit of the bar , which it would have to if it had snapped off at the angle suggested by the shape of what's left in the big bit.

I think you should stop using words like "obviously" when you obviously currently have as much knowledge on what's happened as the rest of us.

He's like the german Jardo...

i dont know who this is but yeah,some of you might take my posts content wrong because i´m using the words i think being the best description to what i wanna say,sometimes the english meaning´s different to that lol

i meant on the pic theres something silver inside the clamped part of the bars,but the carbon part is overlapping it,i was wondering why it didnt snap at the edge of the silver thing...

but as adam said,if theres no insert its strange it didnt snap on the stem clamp.

maybe just the fact it has a bent shape is a stress riser

Edited by FamilyBiker

Obviously the language barrier between you and us is more heavily fortified than I'd thought.

a·gain
/əˈgen/
Adverb
  1. Another time; once more: "it was great to meet old friends again".
  2. Returning to a previous position or condition: "he rose and sat down again".
Synonyms
anew - afresh - once more - newly
  • Like 2