tyres tyres tyres

fbmbmx

Well i'm sick of getting pinch flats, every ride now i have got a puncher! so here are my options

1. get a conti rubber queen in 2.2 and use a downhill tube

2. get a try all sticky lite and use a normal tube

3. get a conti der kaiser and use a lightweight tube.

At the moment I'm thinking the best option would be the conti der baron but there seems to be alot of people saying that the rubber queen is the way too go? Looking for peoples opinions please.

Harry

Edited by fbmbmx

Hey man, I was considering getting a der kaiser too. I've got the tryall stiky lite on my limey and that's taken some really heavy hits and has only punctured once I think. Just run a slightly heavier than normal tube in it, no need for a dh tube. :)

I had a tryall sticky lite with a normal tube and never ever punctured it , just recently got a baron and punctured it last weekend on a round edge wall ?? Strange ...

Where did you buy it from? If it was below ~£55 when new it'll be a shit one with shit sidewalls and compound.

I had a tryall sticky lite with a normal tube and never ever punctured it , just recently got a baron and punctured it last weekend on a round edge wall ?? Strange ...

I did the same. Borrowed a mates to see if I liked it and pinched it in 2 days. Same pressure as my try all sticky lite which iv never pinched.

I've got a minion dhr 2.5 on mine, in super tacky 42a compound. It's pretty good, seriously grippy, and I doubt you'd pinch it. Is a few grams ore than a conti though, but is cheaper

I'm running a der Baron with maxxis whelterweight tube and have had maybee one or two max punctures in nearly three years. Quite often run with fairly low pressure as well. Thinking about ut when i first had a der barron i had a maxxis DH tube in and it seemed worse for puncture resistance than the whelterweight.

Edited by super

I ran a Rain King (now called Der Baron) for 2 years, before switching to 24", with a lightweight Tesco tube and it never once got a puncture. It was a fairly light set up and I weigh 13 stone. If I ever go back to 26" that'd be the tyre I'd use..

Well after a little ride yesterday with the der baron i now think it is a brilliant tyre, I landed on the very edge of an off camber rock and somehow stayed on it, also had two hard hits were with my old tyre i would have 100% got a pinch flat. I'm slowly lowering the pressure to see what i can get away with. Seems brilliant so far with a 98gram tube :)