Inspired Skye

AndrewEH1

• 1 year later...

I've had this bike for almost two years now.

14506303812_3781334a4e_b.jpg

Time for a rebuild and a little touch of silver.

Just picked up my freshly re-built wheels after snapping some spokes on the rear wheel, picked up a brand new rim for the rear for £40 too!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

how do polished frames handle in real life, so like in rain, dirt and so on?

Do they need any extra care?

your bike is sooo wonderful

Cheers, as this frame doesn't have a lacquer over the polished aluminium it has gotten a little dull in the past year (I've never washed the bike at all in that time!) but I've got some aluminium polish and it cleans and buffs it up nicely!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

As I loved Andy's Skye so much I decided to have a crack at this with my fourplay.

I've just finished polishing and clear coating the frame. Forks need doing and then it's time to reassemble and decide on decals.

I'll post some pictures if anyone's interested

As I loved Andy's Skye so much I decided to have a crack at this with my fourplay.

I've just finished polishing and clear coating the frame. Forks need doing and then it's time to reassemble and decide on decals.

I'll post some pictures if anyone's interested

I'd like to see it.

• 2 weeks later...

What a beautiful bike. I really like the gold. Who makes the gold parts? Is that brand-x?

All Hope parts!

When we getting these pics of the skye?

Not soon enough, sorry! I'm not too busy this weekend so will try and finish polishing the frame. Need to try and find the stickers I got made, lost in a box somewhere after moving house.

• 7 months later...

So, after eight months I've finally managed to put the Skye back together after a busy past four months!

Saint brakes are silly easy to bleed after threading the front hose through the steerer, the Inspired kit is pretty neat too.

The typical Scottish weather is terrible so the photos are equally bad, I'll need to get out in the sun soon!

17018960475_8110cb397d_b.jpg

16831164028_95393fd58a_b.jpg

16396516634_f405948855_b.jpg

17018929885_1a66bb6798_b.jpg

16832730819_16c6ac7b35_b.jpg

16398787353_91a111e044_b.jpg

16398816693_a8a15f4f5f_b.jpg

16831194288_e3cd49929e_b.jpg

Still needs a little bit of a polish before I put the Inspired Skye stickers on that have been sat unused for well over a year! Rear brake hose is a little long too, but that's for another day...

Edited by AndrewEH1
  • Like 4