Jaf 26 - funky paint work

Rob Leech

How do all,

made an alteration to my frame recently, so did a bit of a re-spray last week using a new paint to our supplier. I'm quite giddy when looking at it still as it's just too damn cool!

But anyways, let me know what you think.

paintwork2size.jpg

paintwork3size.jpg

paintwork1size.jpg

Cheers all,

Josh.

• Like 1

I think the point was that you don't know how much it cost on this frame, so you can't say 'less expensive' without knowing that vital information.

The paint (which happens to coat the metal and as such is also a coating) isn't really my thing personally, but I can't deny it's pimp and different, good job! (Y)

You mean paint.

It depends on the brand and the amount of paint.Ask around with various painters in your area so you can get a price but somewhere around 50-300 Pounds.

I know what it is, I sell the stuff and paint the stuff day in day out.

To quote josh on Facebook...

'This would be an extra £25 on top of any frame order'. Now I don't know if this is on top of the cost of a painted frame or just the cost to have a bare frame finished like that. Still incredibly cheap given the work involved.

Not to bad, ehy.

OK, so exactly how much did this exact paint job cost Josh to do?

Before it starts any arguments, I get the paint for £20 (1/10 of a litre), it's the elbow grease that goes into doing the preping and actually spraying that is the main cost :).

I know what it is, I sell the stuff and paint the stuff day in day out.

To quote josh on Facebook...

'This would be an extra £25 on top of any frame order'. Now I don't know if this is on top of the cost of a painted frame or just the cost to have a bare frame finished like that. Still incredibly cheap given the work involved.

Not to bad, ehy.

This is mainly as I'd be painting the frame with something anyways, so if the customer wants to pay for the paint and the extra time, it's their choice to do so or not :).

Actual cost of spraying a frame (any frame that is) in this would be £75. That includes stripping, primer, base coat, mid coat (this effect), lacquer, any finishing required and return postage to the customer :).

Cheers all,

Josh.

Edit - and the guy above is right, there are soooooo many different paints out there that are similar to this and completely different to anything seen in the cycling world, but I simply can't show them all on a part as it would cost me liturally thousands to do it :P. So if anyone's interested in other effective paint, pop me a message and I'll show some of the examples I have found that I can get hold of :).

Edit 2 - also, sorry to tom and the other moderators as this has just become an advertisement, which is not what I intended it to be, so I'd fully understand if things need to be taken out of here (Y).

Edited by Rob Leech

Does the daylight affect the colours in the same way as this?

8578_172952482859341_22233807_n.jpg

Yes, different angles of light bring out different colours in the paint. Not sure how it works (I'm guessing some sort of metal additives that sit at different levels in the paint layer), but the guy above may well know :).

Before it starts any arguments, I get the paint for £20 (1/10 of a litre), it's the elbow grease that goes into doing the preping and actually spraying that is the main cost :).

Sorry, that wasn't meant to make you bring out your costs in public - it was just meant to prove the point that the guy didn't know how much it cost you to do this particular job as you may have been given the paint, or paid £1000 for it because you didn't know any better. Failed!

Sorry, that wasn't meant to make you bring out your costs in public - it was just meant to prove the point that the guy didn't know how much it cost you to do this particular job as you may have been given the paint, or paid £1000 for it because you didn't know any better. Failed!

Thats alright JD, I did realise that, just didn't want an argument to start is all :P.

Know what you mean though (Y)