Peter Sagan - Imaginate

spencer@hulltrials

He's like the equivalent of Gee Atherton or Aaron Gwin are in downhill. The guy is a freak of nature on a road bike and is absolutely crushing everybody.

He also has a very unorthodox style and has extremely good handling skills that he uses on a road bike to his advantage. He's no Ashton on a road bike as far as handling goes, no doubt about that, but he is the next best thing and could absolutely crush him on a road ride without even breathing.

I'm surprised at how many trials riders don't do any other discipline of cycling or keep up with any other genre. It'd be like drinking only one beer for the rest of your life, how boring would that be? It's surprising considering the cycling scene in Europe is so much more prevalent than here in the states too...

• Like 1

I'm surprised at how many trials riders don't do any other discipline of cycling or keep up with any other genre. It'd be like drinking only one beer for the rest of your life, how boring would that be? It's surprising considering the cycling scene in Europe is so much more prevalent than here in the states too...

How many road riders ride other disciplines though? I'd say there's more trials riders that ride road then road riders that ride trials.

And this guy just rode up a ramp, extremely good handling would be doing it without.

I drive a car, doesn't mean I'm into motorsports

The funny thing about those replies though is those guys are predominantly trials riders, they aren't equally as skilled in the other discipline. Youtube some of Sagan's stuff, for a roadie he's got some ridiculous skills.

As for the # of road riders thing, you're WAAAAAAYYYY off base. By sheer amount of road riders, there are way more roadies who ride other disciplines. Like 75%+ of them cross train on mountain bikes and XC races. That equates to A LOT of riders.

You can see this just by going into a bike shop and asking the roadies if they have mountain bike. I will guarantee you most of them do. How many trials riders are exclusively trials? I would say a substantially larger proportion of riders ride only trials compared to roadies percentage wise.